Temp Gun

cloverthechameleon

Avid Member
Just a quick question on how to get the most accurate reading with a lazer temp gun. Got one afew days ago, nothing special just a regualr $20 one on amazon. I get mixed readings. closer i go higher the temperature goes. For example if i measure from 12 inches away the reading will be about 5F lower then as to 6 inches away from the target.

Just a quick question on how to get the most accurate reading with a lazer temp gun. Got one afew days ago, nothing special just a regualr $20 one on amazon. I get mixed readings. closer i go higher the temperature goes. For example if i measure from 12 inches away the reading will be about 5F lower then as to 6 inches away from the target.
Yeah this sounds like mine as well. I typically get like 2 inches away to get the most accurate reading with mine and I find that it only differs about a degree off from my wired in thermometer. I think some are more sensitive then others but I just bought a 15 dollar laser one off amazon.

Ya theres some whole diagram in the instruction book explaining the different ranges depending on the target size in relation to the lazer size. Far to confusing thought id just ask what other members do and how similar the readings are with their gauges. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom