Teeth?

drapcia:

Your chameleon will not survive without the help of a veterinarian. Before purchasing new animals, I highly recommend doing the needed husbandry research first. The cost of veterinarian bills should also be considered before purchasing an animal.

edub2017 said:
It sounds to me like you are confused on a number of husbandry issues. If you want your chameleon to be happy and healthy, forget everything you ever heard anywhere else and study the following websites inside & out:

Chameleon Dish
Chameleon News

His chameleon does not have time for that. Also, I am somewhat offended you are asking people to ignore this website. His husbandry issues are obviously a problem, but fixing them at this point is not the priority. The chameleon needs immediate veterinarian care. Saying otherwise can confuse someone knew to chameleons and make them think some husbandry changes will cure an ill chameleon like the one in this case.

Brad said:
His chameleon does not have time for that. Also, I am somewhat offended you are asking people to ignore this website. His husbandry issues are obviously a problem, but fixing them at this point is not the priority. The chameleon needs immediate veterinarian care. Saying otherwise can confuse someone knew to chameleons and make them think some husbandry changes will cure an ill chameleon like the one in this case.

I was not implying that anything he viewed on here was garbage. It seemed to me though that he may have heard contradicting information on this site, among other places. I was merely suggesting that he start from scratch with two highly trustworthy sites. Forums can sometimes be confusing as people with or without biased opinions and/or agendas can post somewhat freely and confuse people looking for a rock solid answer to their inquires. When things like: gallon tank, playing with chameleon, etc. are mentioned, the user obviously needs a complete rundown of the do's and dont's of chameleon husbandry. Thus, a visit and study of these sites would help him immensely. As administrator, you know how often I visit these forums-- nearly everyday. So please don’t be offended. And yes, your chameleon needs a vet more than anything else. Eric

Forums can sometimes be confusing as people with or without biased opinions and/or agendas can post somewhat freely and confuse people looking for a rock solid answer to their inquires.
I agree. This is one reason I am working on some chameleon info separate from the forums. The two links you posted are great resources, especially Chameleon News. I have to apologize; I received a poor inspection report this morning and have not been a happy person today.

Back
Top Bottom