tap water vs distilled

Not really recommended. Tap water will also wreck misting/fogger systems. Distilled or Reverse osmosis water is best. Both can be bought for pretty cheap, by the gallon. Or you could just get an RO system.

Also, try to keep your information all in one or two threads. You have made lots of threads about small questions. Nothing wrong with questions but it is hard to follow what you have and haven't been told/advised to do when you have so many threads.

This question comes up over and over again. What's the source for your your tap water? Municipal utility water with added treatment chemicals such as chlorine or chloramine? Other additives? Is it private well water with a lot of minerals? It could be a rainwater catchment system that won't really need any treatment. Find out. Then we can make meaningful suggestions.

This question comes up over and over again. What's the source for your your tap water? Municipal utility water with added treatment chemicals such as chlorine or chloramine? Other additives? Is it private well water with a lot of minerals? It could be a rainwater catchment system that won't really need any treatment. Find out. Then we can make meaningful suggestions.
the source of my water is streams and reservoirs. it’s filtered.

Not really recommended. Tap water will also wreck misting/fogger systems. Distilled or Reverse osmosis water is best. Both can be bought for pretty cheap, by the gallon. Or you could just get an RO system.

Also, try to keep your information all in one or two threads. You have made lots of threads about small questions. Nothing wrong with questions but it is hard to follow what you have and haven't been told/advised to do when you have so many threads.
haha so sorry about the amount of threads. i don’t really know how to use this website. thank you for telling me

there’s a lot of minerals in my water but we do have a water softener so the minerals get filtered out
So, its a private well that collects that percolated runoff from those streams/reservoir? Not all minerals are removed by a water softener. Depending on the specific type of softening system and the settings, the softener exchanges sodium for the naturally occurring calcium and/or magnesium. It may also remove clear water iron, other sediment, and rust. I'd test the softened water to see what the hardness and pH turns out to be coming out of the tap. If it is close to neutral probably fine.

Water is less than a $1 a gallon, i cant see the reason to save that to use tap water, maybe because i wont drink it?

Back
Top Bottom