Taming wild caught Jackson's

Does anybody have any tips on taming wild caught Jackson's? I live in Hawaii and recently bought my second Jackson's chameleon. My first one was a large male who was very tame and always felt comfortable around me, but unfortunately died 3 months ago from what i think was cancer related. My newest one is a medium sized female who is very active and has already started accepting food. Do you guys have any tips on how to start taming her.

AE72A924-E61D-429D-A5C8-299F190D2CB7.jpeg

Last edited:
With a wild caught cham the very first thing that should be done is take it to a vet to clear it of parasites, after at least 3 months usually 5-6 months of treatement and it has adapted to captive life..... and pooping solid, then it is time to take the next step.....taming a cham doesn't exist....lol... although.. you could setup a trust building system with your cham, keep your cham in a large viv, with hiding places, so it can feel safe, feed it from a cup, eventually after usually 5 months to a year your cham will get the idea and come to you when it sees you have a cup, it has worked for me, I do everything by routine at the same time of day, so they know, that also helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom