TalkBack Thursday

No…he was attacking my phone camera. He hates it! :ROFLMAO:
I thought chameleons attacked out of affection? 🤔 am I wrong?! 😂

5427C246-F5BF-4F97-9ACB-27ACF2A8EC4C.jpeg
Here’s my big boy Zeppelin reacting to the camera this morning. Almost done shedding so hes beautiful, but not in favor of the camera 😂

My guy runs every time I get near him!
How old is he now? (Sorry, with so many folks & chams, it's hard for me to keep them all straight all the time.) Grumpypants used to run away & hide. He had this maneuver when he was small... If he was perched on a dowel, he'd slide himself 1/4 of the way around to put the dowel between him and me—so I couldn't see him. After I'd leave, he's slide back up to the top of the dowel.

He's too big for that now, so he just glowers at me and gapes. Today I gave it back to him, "Oh, big scary lizard! You think I'm scared of you?" and darned if he didn't shut his mouth and look a little sheepish. Sometimes he turns the gape into a yawn, like "I meant to do that." Silly lizard.

Have you tried offering Eustis a treat (superworm or something) from the flat of your palm?

How old is he now? (Sorry, with so many folks & chams, it's hard for me to keep them all straight all the time.) Grumpypants used to run away & hide. He had this maneuver when he was small... If he was perched on a dowel, he'd slide himself 1/4 of the way around to put the dowel between him and me—so I couldn't see him. After I'd leave, he's slide back up to the top of the dowel.

He's too big for that now, so he just glowers at me and gapes. Today I gave it back to him, "Oh, big scary lizard! You think I'm scared of you?" and darned if he didn't shut his mouth and look a little sheepish. Sometimes he turns the gape into a yawn, like "I meant to do that." Silly lizard.

Have you tried offering Eustis a treat (superworm or something) from the flat of your palm?
I’ve noticed hornworms have helped my older veiled get use to me. I haven’t gotten him to take from my hand, but he’s taken from tweezers and branches I put the worms on. He’ll let me watch him eat anything now (mere sight of me in his cage and he would hiss before!). Just don’t want to feed them too much hornworms.

He came from a bit of a weird situation, so it’s still a work in progress.

i tried to quote you Klyde O Scope but it didnt work. I know what you mean, I can’t remember who has what kind of Cham either. Eustis I think is a mature male now so about a year old. I used to have his enclosure next to my chair when it was the smaller one. When I upgraded him to the xl reptibreeze the only place it would fit was across the room si I’m at the other end. I have a post about this going under general chat so I think we should move this over there since this isn’t my thread.

I’ve noticed hornworms have helped my older veiled get use to me. I haven’t gotten him to take from my hand, but he’s taken from tweezers and branches I put the worms on. He’ll let me watch him eat anything now (mere sight of me in his cage and he would hiss before!). Just don’t want to feed them too much hornworms.
Tweezers—I've read here—may not be the best idea—potential for tongue injury.
I've done a super/giant mealie in my palm, and I gotta say it's a weird sensation getting hit with that tongue. You get a whole new appreciation for the power in that muscle.

Tweezers—I've read here—may not be the best idea—potential for tongue injury.
I've done a super/giant mealie in my palm, and I gotta say it's a weird sensation getting hit with that tongue. You get a whole new appreciation for the power in that muscle.

He did tweezers twice and then I realized how painful a tongue pinch might be. So I stopped that and let him take from branches. Hands, he hates. So I don’t know if he’ll ever accept from my hand.

Back
Top Bottom