Taking my Jackson’s Cham to the vet

Jumanji

I’m a new chameleon parent with a year old yellow crested Jackson’s chameleon. I’ve had him for about a week or so and I want to get him a fecal and an overall exam to make sure he doesn’t have parasites and is healthy but I haven’t even attempted to handle him yet since he’s so new. The only vet in the area that has experience and expertise in reptiles is about an hour away. How do I go about transporting him? He has never hissed at me but he will puff his throat when I’m misting his plants every once in a while. I live in Texas so the weather is already warm and very humid so I assume I won’t need to worry about humidity or temperatures too much while transporting him. Can anyone help?

I take mine in in a completely dark box so they sleep on the trip. I give them a fixed branch to grip so they are stable in the box.

Thank you! I know better than to grab a chameleon, but I highly doubt he’d willingly climb onto my hand. Should I try and get him to grab onto the stick and transport him that way?

Back
Top Bottom