taking my chameleon outside?

Don't take your eyes off him for a minute, venture no more than a few feet away from him , they are sneaky ,hard to spot, and they look delicious!!!!

I stay very close to mine and almost hover over him Cuz I have lots of birds in my trees and I have read to many story's of a poor cham's getting picked off. I would rip down every bird nest in my yard if that happened. It would be a massacre. (I have anger problems and medicate daily) :rolleyes:

Have a small designated plant for them outside away from other plants so they dnt try nd sneak away.. Nd watch them but give them some space so they explore a little bit.. But never leave them unnatended..

I put mine in a mesh viv outside. Don't go far away cause in paranoid that a magpie will break through the mesh.

Have a small designated plant for them outside away from other plants so they dnt try nd sneak away.. Nd watch them but give them some space so they explore a little bit.. But never leave them unnatended..

I don't put mine outdoors unless they are inside a secure cage! Even a big old bird cage with a windowscreen cover works. Only exception is if they are actually perched on ME. Too many people lose a cham off an open shrub every year.

I'd just make an outdoor enclosure. But if you're not into that or don't have the money or whatever, just be there with him to watch and make sure he doesn't run away

Even in an enclosure, cats can get them, and we have hawks that would mess up the cage.
That's true. Depends on where you are and what sort of other animals you have.

I don't have a problem, I use chicken wire and none of my cats have gotten into the enclosure.

awesome

Great!!!thanks everyone for all the help. So are there any plants I shouldn't put him on? Or are there any diseases he could get from touching the wrong thing?

I bought a large umbrella tree specifically to bring out for my guy to be in. This way keeping an eye on him or running away isn't a problem.

I use an old 24"x24"x48" cage with the floor taken old, over top of an 18"x18"x36" cage, If I am inside. Outside, I just use the 36" cage by itself. I also, have built wire mesh frames that can enclose my cages if extra precaution is needed. (i.e. recent sightings of possum or cat)

Back
Top Bottom