Tails

Anyone been having fun with the new photo contest?
I know I have!

This one looks like it was taken with an electron microscope.
Tails012.jpg

Tails015.jpg

Tails021.jpg

Tails032.jpg

They are all really good pictures. What camera are you using? I have been having some fun with it too but mine are not as half as good, I don't have a good camera (Nikon Coolpix S9). I might upload some pics tomorrow after I take more.

Thanks for all the posts!
Anyone have any pictures they are willing to share?
Well, I'm not going to be posting any of these pictures in the photo contest.
I'm still working on something creative.
If it works out you guys should love it!:D

As for the camera, Nikon D40 with a 60mm macro lens.

Here's my pic. Out of about 20 pics this was the best one. I'm not that good at taking pics so it doesn't come close to comparing to yours. I also have a weak camera (Nikon CoolPix S9). This is a pic of a 1 month old veiled. It also makes it harder for me because the tails of them are so small compared to adults. I will be taking more later to try and get a better pic. I can't wait until I have enough money to go buy a good camera. Be easy on me and keep in mind I don't have a good camera.
DSCN1511.jpg

I also have this one, not very good again but its still a tail:
DSCN1520.jpg

Awesome pics Justin. Have fun trying to choose your favorite to submit ha!

I have a feeling this month's contest could have a lot of really great, hard to choose from photos. I know I'm sure looking forward to seeing all the entries.

Yea third pic...your shallow depth of field on the other ones is the main reasoning. Good pics!

-chris

This one is a little better:
Tails027.jpg

Awesome pics Justin. Have fun trying to choose your favorite to submit ha!

I have a feeling this month's contest could have a lot of really great, hard to choose from photos. I know I'm sure looking forward to seeing all the entries.

YES! I took about 60 today.:eek:

wst0209a, those are still good pictures.
Just play around with the options on your camera.
My girlfriend has the CoolPix and I took some great pictures with it.

This month is probably going to be really hard to decide on a winner. I will keep on playing with my camera though to see if I can get a better pic. I like that there is a theme now, makes it more interesting.

Here is the best tail shot I have :)

Attachments

• george in garden v1.jpg
    george in garden v1.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Its about time Justin:). I have been waiting to see what you were going to enter into the contest. I like it, its a great picture. You take some awesome pictures. Is that Igor's tail?

I had to enter that photo because of popular demand.:D
I just hope it pays off.
I've been trying so hard to get some good photos, but less vibrant chameleons cant pull it off.
I need an ambilobe!
Yes, that would be Igor's tail.
Thanks for the compliments!

I have tried and tried to get a good close up of one of the babies tails but I can't ever get one that is in perfect focus. I don't have a great camera so it is hard for me to do it. I have messed around with the camera's options but still can't get a good enough picture. This summer I may get a canon rebel xti. I can't wait until then.

Back
Top Bottom