Tail shriveling up

ZoeysMom

Zoey is a 4 year old chameleon that's been doing great up until about 3 weeks ago. I've noticed the tip of her tail is shriveling up. Any ideas what could be wrong? She looks healthy except for her tail and doesn't seem to have any of the symptoms of dehydration. Appreciate any help!!! (When I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll put one on here.)

Shriveled tail

It's not black, more of a brown. I read another post where a cham got injured in its tail and it started "petrifying." My cham hasn't been exposed to any other animals, but I'm wondering if she somehow got her tail caught up in her cage and injured it. Sounds like I need to have it amputated according to the other post.

hello Zoey'sMom, welcome to the Chameleon Forums :)

I can't tell from your profile picture. I think the software may have shrunk it down. Try posting the image in your gallery or in this thread. To add an image to the thread, click the paperclip in the group of image icons when replying to this thread.

My camera is saving the images too large to upload to the forum and I can't figure out how to reduce them using my image program, so I have changed my profile pic to show just the end of her tail. Hopefully you can see it well enough?:confused:

Yes, from what I can tell from the picture a trip to the vet may be needed. Sorry about the problems with the photo uploads, I know it can be frustrating. I will work on a good faq for image uploads. The gallery does not have the strict file size requirements that the forums do. Uploading a photo into the 'members gallery' section will automatically create a gallery for you.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/gallery/upload.php

I put some more pics of her in my gallery - they show the rest of her (what I could get of her, anyway). I don't handle her at all and she was trying to zap my camera with her tongue as I was snapping the closeups, so her head is a little unfocused.

I will be calling my vet Monday a.m. Thanks for your responses!

Back
Top Bottom