Tail not shedding

Brokaylacham

Established Member
64A7E605-33A6-45B7-8D27-1DA3160ABEB2.jpeg
leon finished shedding like a week ago but my friend pointed out that his tail doesn’t look finished and I’ve missed him extra times to help but idk if his tail is actually not finished shedding or if his coloration hasn’t developed there as much as the rest of his body has

That is definitely dead skin. I would wait it out a little longer and make sure to give him more good mistings. I believe some people give their chameleons showers when they have a shed that won't come off, but that is after a longer time than your chameleon is at currently. I say keep misting and keep us updated

That is definitely dead skin. I would wait it out a little longer and make sure to give him more good mistings. I believe some people give their chameleons showers when they have a shed that won't come off, but that is after a longer time than your chameleon is at currently. I say keep misting and keep us updated
Okay thank you I’m sure it will come off soon then

Get him a long shower, water not hot cool, let the water hit the wall so the small drops lightly hit him. Or if your shower has a mist setting use that. Set him on a sturdy plant.

Get him a long shower, water not hot cool, let the water hit the wall so the small drops lightly hit him. Or if your shower has a mist setting use that. Set him on a sturdy plant.
I dont think i should do that i heard that it causes stress, i believe if i just mist him more often with the warm water it will shed naturally, his shed on his tail already looks like it will come off soon, but thank you

The shower is a good option. It is something you have to ease your chameleon into, but if you do it the right way, your cham might actually enjoy it. You should probably give the shower technique a try and then if it doesn't work out, just stick to extra mistings.

The shower is a good option. It is something you have to ease your chameleon into, but if you do it the right way, your cham might actually enjoy it. You should probably give the shower technique a try and then if it doesn't work out, just stick to extra mistings.
Oh okay, my chameleon is a pretty chill dude anyways when it comes to people, but water is a different story lol, i've just heard a bit of bad stories from it but im willing to try it out tomorrow. Wish me luck! thank you!

Showers dont hurt and offer a great hydrating experience. Stress occurs all the time, as long as it's not extreme and constant, it's not a big deal. Not sure what bad stories you're referring to, but anyone correctly using the shower method shouldn't have problems. And if you dont have a mist system you should be giving showers once and awhile anyway.

Showers dont hurt and offer a great hydrating experience. Stress occurs all the time, as long as it's not extreme and constant, it's not a big deal. Not sure what bad stories you're referring to, but anyone correctly using the shower method shouldn't have problems. And if you dont have a mist system you should be giving showers once and awhile anyway.
oky doky Leons gonna get a nice shower tomorrow then

Back
Top Bottom