T5HO Daylight bulbs

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Hey everyone... So all 6500k daylight bulbs are not created equal. Some burn out quickly while others will last a year or more. Trying not to waste money since I need to buy more bulbs.

What brands are you using for your 6500k daylight bulbs. How long have they lasted for you? Links would be great. :)

I’m still using sun blaster bulbs I bought 5+ years ago. A couple have burnt out but most are still going. I replaced the burnt out ones with a unknown Chinese brand (got them with my fixtures). We will see how long they last.

I’m still using sun blaster bulbs I bought 5+ years ago. A couple have burnt out but most are still going. I replaced the burnt out ones with a unknown Chinese brand (got them with my fixtures). We will see how long they last.
I've been looking at these sunblaster t5s do you know if they can link with Arcadia pro t5 uvb units or they different to yours? Also seen led units by sunblaster wonder how these compare too jungle dawns ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200508-125223.png
    Screenshot_20200508-125223.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 134
I've been looking at these sunblaster t5s do you know if they can link with Arcadia pro t5 uvb units or they different to yours? Also seen led units by sunblaster wonder how these compare too jungle dawns ?

I can’t say for sure as I don’t have Arcadia fixtures but it looks like the same type of connection. @cyberlocc would be the guy to ask about led’s

Yeah I can't find those when I do a google search. I found quite a few off brands on Amazon but the reviews were crap.

With t5ho Beman do you need more than one bulb 6400k for growth and 2700k for flowering or multiple bulbs with same Kelvin on each closer to daylight average like 6200k?

With t5ho Beman do you need more than one bulb 6400k for growth and 2700k for flowering or multiple bulbs with same Kelvin on each closer to daylight average like 6200k?
I have a quad and I run my uvb bulb then I run 3 6500 daylight bulbs. As far as kelvin and all that I have no idea. I just run what @nightanole told me to way back in the day when I started lol. I have to have quite a bit of light as I plant mine out as much as possible. So for me and what I have in my enclosure three 6500k bulbs work.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting idea. 6500k/6400k is summer noon color, spring is "warmer" so 6200k etc, and winter is "cooler" so 7000k. So some might not flower with just straight 6500k. A lot of "things" wont flower without a 2600k in the mix.

Hmm interesting idea. 6500k/6400k is summer noon color, spring is "warmer" so 6200k etc, and winter is "cooler" so 7000k. So some might not flower with just straight 6500k. A lot of "things" wont flower without a 2600k in the mix.
Ugggg lol what do I need to order then.... Is this why my Orchids wont flower?

You could try something like a agromax pure bloom in one of your bulbs. assuming you got a quad along,with 2 grow lights @ daylight temperature and have extra daylight if it didn't flower the orchids just an idea?

Back
Top Bottom