T5HO bulb. Good for UVB?

Hi all,

I bought a sun blaster lighting kit thinking my repti-sun bulb would fit in it...it sadly does not.

it does come with a T5HO 24w 6400K bulb. Does anyone know of that will produce the correct amount of UVB for my panther chameleon?

thanks!

Hi all,

I bought a sun blaster lighting kit thinking my repti-sun bulb would fit in it...it sadly does not.

it does come with a T5HO 24w 6400K bulb. Does anyone know of that will produce the correct amount of UVB for my panther chameleon?

thanks!
So the bulb that it came with is a daylight bulb and is great for plants but does not produce any uvb.

I am betting the bulb you were using was maybe a T8 and that is why it does not fit. So what size fixture did you get and we can help you get the right bulb for it.

It doesnt produce any UVB. It produces the correct ratio of red/green/blue to create 6400k color temperature light.

So the bulb that it came with is a daylight bulb and is great for plants but does not produce any uvb.

I am betting the bulb you were using was maybe a T8 and that is why it does not fit. So what size fixture did you get and we can help you get the right bulb for it.

Hi,

so it is a T5HO bulb. I’m attaching pictures of the packaging.

If there is a UVB bulb I could attach the this fixture that’d be fantastic.

thanks!

Attachments

• 24468CCF-70F9-4B14-A0BD-7BFA6A3ED673.jpeg
    24468CCF-70F9-4B14-A0BD-7BFA6A3ED673.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 8149D41A-0C4E-4125-8172-7A0CE6A3BED2.jpeg
    8149D41A-0C4E-4125-8172-7A0CE6A3BED2.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi,

so it is a T5HO bulb. I’m attaching pictures of the packaging.

If there is a UVB bulb I could attach the this fixture that’d be fantastic.

thanks!
So that is a 24 inch fixture. So you need a 22 inch T5HO bulb that is either a 5.0 or 6% uvb.

Soooo either this bulb in the 22 inch https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-6-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html

or this bulb in the 22 inch https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-5.0-uvb-t5-ho.html

Either will work with your fixture. And you will want approximately 9 inches to the closest basking branch below the fixture for the correct UVI level.

Back
Top Bottom