T. Sternfeldi mating

rshewfel

Established Member
Terrible picture but all a could get through screen. These are wild caught and I have only had them 3 weeks but they are the healthiest wild caughts I have ever received.

Also received a group of f. lateralis today. If anyone is working with deremensis, sternfeldi, or lateralis I would love to get in a breeding group to exchange young and information.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 165
By the way. She is bright green with a black stripe. I don't know if these are typical receptive colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 183
Nice pair, I have a pair but I have only had them for a few weeks, do you keel your together or did you just do that for breeding purposes. Any info on them that might shed light on how to get them to breed would be great!!

Congrats!! As long as both adults are is good condition to produce babies you are on the way. Best of luck. Keep the pictures coming.

Nice pair, I have a pair but I have only had them for a few weeks, do you keel your together or did you just do that for breeding purposes. Any info on them that might shed light on how to get them to breed would be great!!

Unfortunately, I have only about a month experience with them also. I do not house the males with the females at this time. The female was a bright green color so I put a male in her cage. I have 3 pair so I'll tell you how they react. I am pretty sure that one of my females came in gravid. She turns almost a solid black if you place a male in her cage. The female I just witnessed breeding also turns a solid black now if she sees a male. My 3rd female will not turn black but gets upset if she views a male.

If your chameleons are healthy, I would just place the male in her cage and see what happens.

Congrats!! As long as both adults are is good condition to produce babies you are on the way. Best of luck. Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks Laurie. They are very healthy, so hopefully I will get some healthy babies. I plan on getting pictures of all my chameleons posted as soon as I get some free time. I will also definitely post pictures of any babies I might get.

I just witnessed my second pair of T. Sternfeldi mating. It was the coolest courtship I have probably ever witnessed. The male has been living with her the last 3 days(they were very calm with each other, so I let him stay). The past 2 days I have witnessed the male twitching his head at her, then she would twitch her head back at him. He would keep his distance and was very patient. Tonight I walked in the room and they were face to face with each other about 3 inches apart. He would twitch at her, then she would twitch her head. For about 1/2 hr. I watched as he very patiently, and very slowly moved forward. When he was about and inch from her she slowly turned around. The second her back was to him, he very quickly jumped on top of her. She panicked a little and tried to run but then calmed down almost immediately. The mating lasted less than 5 minutes. I'm going to leave him in there until she clearly can't stand him.

The other pair was very different. The male was very aggressive with mating. The female was intolerant of him the next morning. It will be interesting to see how they behave tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom