T. quad gracilior female

bobcochran

Chameleon Enthusiast
2 days before breeding and 2 days after breeding.
IMG_3678.jpg
IMG_3686.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg
IMG_3684.jpg

She is incredible Bob!!!

So dumb question but is she showing the color change in response to seeing a male or do they have a very apparent gravid coloration regardless?
Not a dumb,question.
After breeding females tend to stay dark for a few days even though separated from the male. Then they color back up to green, but not the beautiful bright green they exhibit when receptive.

Not a dumb,question.
After breeding females tend to stay dark for a few days even though separated from the male. Then they color back up to green, but not the beautiful bright green they exhibit when receptive.
Awesome. I find it so interesting how they communicate receptive vs gravid. And how that differs among species.
I adore the look of the males of this species the way their dorsal crest is and their rostral horns.

I so love it when you share since they are always species we don't get to see or learn about within the forum. Thank you!

She is magnificent!

Seeing your pictures has inspired me to do some research on this species, even if I never own one myself, I am enjoying learning about them. Thank you for sharing your photos that spark my interest and curiosity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom