T. jacksonii willengensis

tucc185

I've seen these beautiful chams around a bit lately and because I like a challenge and especially like chameleons that not many are working with, I've been considering getting a pair. I've got plenty of experience dealing with montane species (currently breeding T. montium and K. boehmei in addition to my panthers) so that's not much of an issue but I would like to hear from anyone who's kept/bred these.
I've never had much luck rearing baby jacksons in the past although I think this has a lot to do with the fact they've always been dropped by freshly imported females and so were either premature or underdeveloped. What, if anything, should I expect to be different for care for this subspecies? Gestation times? Any info would be appreciated.

You may want to check out this (kind of) recent thread. There seems to be a lot of members contributing that are keeping the T. Jacksonii you are interested in! Perhaps you could private message some of them?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-...eros-johnstoni-any-tips-raising-these-103730/

Just a suggestion, good luck! :)

Thanks! I had done a quick search and browsed through a bunch of these recent threads (including that one). I guess I'm more interested in very specific care and breeding- I've kept xanths for years but I wanted to see what (if anything) those who have been successful breeding the willengensis/jacksonii jacksonii are doing differently in terms of care or housing.

TJJacksoni

I've seen these beautiful chams around a bit lately and because I like a challenge and especially like chameleons that not many are working with, I've been considering getting a pair. I've got plenty of experience dealing with montane species (currently breeding T. montium and K. boehmei in addition to my panthers) so that's not much of an issue but I would like to hear from anyone who's kept/bred these.
I've never had much luck rearing baby jacksons in the past although I think this has a lot to do with the fact they've always been dropped by freshly imported females and so were either premature or underdeveloped. What, if anything, should I expect to be different for care for this subspecies? Gestation times? Any info would be appreciated.

Willingness is just the name of the man who years ago imported these illegally and they are TJJacksoni. I have 1.2 of them and want to network with anyone who has them or gets them in the near future. My females (MAY) be gravid but time will tell!!!!! Anyone with these or getting them soon please pm me and I will give you my cell number so we can talk

Thanks
Steve

Back
Top Bottom