Symptoms of Illness/Stress

Ambilobe123

Avid Member
Hey I'm new, I have a juvenile male ambilobe panther, and recently, he hasn't been eating, and goes to the bottom of his cage. I don't notice any other signs of illness/stress, but just in case, I need advice.

Hi and welcome to the forum. :) I saw your other post and to keep things less confusing for all, it’s best to stay with just one post.
In order to help you, you’ll need to fill out the ‘form’ provided in your other post. Just copy & paste.

He's a Male Panther Chameleon, I've had him for about a month, but I don't know how old- he's about a foot long? I'm sorry if that's not too accurate- if it helps, he's ambilobe and just starting to show more orange

I handle him several times a week, but not for long, the breeder we got him from said that he would only need calcium without d3, and ordered it for me (it's still shipping), but we feed him crickets, occasionally mealworms, and 1-2x a week hornworms, I mist 2-3x a day, until the leaves in his terrarium are dripping, I have seen him drink, but I don't always have time to watch him, his poo is yellow, gray, and slimy, he has never been tested for parasites

Cage is glass with mesh roof, dimensions approx. 12x12x19in, we have a dome light and are going to get a uvb, lights off at night, on again in the morning, temperature goes up to 85 at basking spot, down to no lower than 71 at night, we have a hygrometer that I don't trust because it's not digital, but it goes up to 70 when I mist, 2 minutes later it's at 40. We use live plants, including ivy, and a vine that I have no idea what it's called, but it has 3in long leaves and vines as thick as a pencil which he loves, his cage is on the opposite side of the room from the heat vent, I'd have to say it's 4ft floor to top of cage, as its on a surface,
Alberta, CA

He's a Male Panther Chameleon, I've had him for about a month, but I don't know how old- he's about a foot long? I'm sorry if that's not too accurate- if it helps, he's ambilobe and just starting to show more orange

I handle him several times a week, but not for long, the breeder we got him from said that he would only need calcium without d3, and ordered it for me (it's still shipping), but we feed him crickets, occasionally mealworms, and 1-2x a week hornworms, I mist 2-3x a day, until the leaves in his terrarium are dripping, I have seen him drink, but I don't always have time to watch him, his poo is yellow, gray, and slimy, he has never been tested for parasites

Cage is glass with mesh roof, dimensions approx. 12x12x19in, we have a dome light and are going to get a uvb, lights off at night, on again in the morning, temperature goes up to 85 at basking spot, down to no lower than 71 at night, we have a hygrometer that I don't trust because it's not digital, but it goes up to 70 when I mist, 2 minutes later it's at 40. We use live plants, including ivy, and a vine that I have no idea what it's called, but it has 3in long leaves and vines as thick as a pencil which he loves, his cage is on the opposite side of the room from the heat vent, I'd have to say it's 4ft floor to top of cage, as its on a surface,
Alberta, CA
See your other thread

Back
Top Bottom