Swollen right eye panther

dalton14x

I have a 1 yr old male panther. About October he closed his right eye and every once in awhile he would open it. At one point it looked like there was something in it. But from there it closed fully a swelled a lot. We have done all the research. Everyone says its a vitamin A deficiency but I assure you it’s not. Taken to the vet and he said it just needs a flush was given eyes drops. Ran out of those after 2 weeks and no change it actually had gotten worse in the last two weeks. He eats and drinks 2-3 a weeks hand feed. At this point I do believe he is blind in his right eye and I know his sight can’t come back but I want the swelling to go down and give a better rest of his life. He was given up to me and I do believe he was mistreated from all the way as a baby. I also don’t know of any good exotic vets in OKC
6f897bdf-719b-42bf-a2eb-2b340c952fc7-jpeg.320607
987C7665-8979-47D6-8439-17F81CB59221.jpeg
527A2408-F4A2-4202-AFF6-BE832519FCE0.jpeg
2BD065BD-71F8-4D78-9B03-880216829582.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F897BDF-719B-42BF-A2EB-2B340C952FC7.jpeg
    6F897BDF-719B-42BF-A2EB-2B340C952FC7.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 175
This guy is not well at all. Looks like possible infection. Is he keeping both eyes closed now? With that T5 fixture and bulb you need 8-9 inches between the bottom of fixture and the branch below it. Looks like the fixture is propped up so double check your distance. Dont run your fogger during the day when the lights are on. Only at night when temps are cool.

I agree that I would like to know your supplements used and schedule.

Check this link for reptile vets near you https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

This guy is not well at all. Looks like possible infection. Is he keeping both eyes closed now? With that T5 fixture and bulb you need 8-9 inches between the bottom of fixture and the branch below it. Looks like the fixture is propped up so double check your distance. Dont run your fogger during the day when the lights are on. Only at night when temps are cool.

I agree that I would like to know your supplements used and schedule.

Check this link for reptile vets near you https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661
Zoo med- repti-calcium D3 not included dusting every feeding
Repashy superfoods-calcium plus LoD
Dusting once a mnth
Also the t5 is 8 inchs off the top and 13inchs from the closest branch

Zoo med- repti-calcium D3 not included dusting every feeding
Repashy superfoods-calcium plus LoD
Dusting once a mnth
Also the t5 is 8 inchs off the top and 13inchs from the closest branch
T5 is way too far away then. The cham would be far outside uvb range to get what it needs at the branch. You want this 8-9 inches from the branch to be within the usable range.

Ok and the zoomed calcium is plain NO D3 correct? If so your supplements would not cause the issue and it is not a lack of vitamin A due to the LoD having it in it. Granted we tend to use the LoD two times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

I think this is infection and I think the lack of usable UVB is impacting the body making it worse.

Drop the UVB down and try to find a good vet for the eye.

T5 is way too far away then. The cham would be far outside uvb range to get what it needs at the branch. You want this 8-9 inches from the branch to be within the usable range.

Ok and the zoomed calcium is plain NO D3 correct? If so your supplements would not cause the issue and it is not a lack of vitamin A due to the LoD having it in it. Granted we tend to use the LoD two times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

I think this is infection and I think the lack of usable UVB is impacting the body making it worse.

Drop the UVB down and try to find a good vet for the eye.
Okay someone told me it was to close and I was certain it wasn’t. I will definitely put it back down. I will be taking him to a vet tomorrow I don’t have any reptile specific vets but there is one that has some experience with reptiles he says.

Has anyone tried a wet tea bag for a situation like this? I saw a guy on YouTube use that method for a swollen eye. Not sure if that is a legit method.

Back
Top Bottom