Swollen foot on my Pygmy Cham

shrum

Established Member
So I went to feed my pygmies yesterday and noticed one of them is hanging his back left foot instead of using it. The leg is not swollen it's just the foot. She is eating and drink regularly and uses it if she has to but mostly hangs out in one spot just letting the leg and foot hang. I know the first answer would probably be a vet but I would like to get some advice here as the one vet close to me is a vet hospital and charges crazy prices....I know I have brought my dogs In...well any advice would be great thanks.

If it is an injury it may heal on its own. If it is some type of infection then you know the answer....vet It could also be gout. You would need a bloodtest for that to check the uric acid levels where again something you have to see a vet for. I would say watch it and if it does not go down on its own, then I would seek medical treatment.

Thanks for the quick reply and that was my thoughts as well. I will keep an eye on it for a couple more days...

This is the foot ....hope the pic is ok I am posting and taking pic from phone not making it easy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom