Swollen Eye Turret

taylor135

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female panther, 1 year 8 months, had her for just over a year
  • Handling - maybe once a week
  • Feeding - I feed crickets mainly, sometimes silkworms, hornworms, and occasionally butter worms. I feed her every other day, usually about 7-12 medium size feeders
  • Supplements - Calcium (Earth pro Ca) every day, sundays I alternate between Rep Cal calcium with D3 and reptivite without D3
  • Watering - I have a dripper on in the evenings, she gets misted 2x a day for 2 min by an automatic mister and I hand mist if her humidity is low, a humidifier on at night, I see her drink sometimes when the mister is going off
  • Fecal Description - dark brown poo with off white urate and much fatter than usual with some orange in the poop, her last poop was about 3 days ago, I haven't had her tested for parasites

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - home built screen cage, 22''x22''x38''
  • Lighting - flukers heat lamp (150w), Repti Sun T5 5.0 UVB bulb, her lights turn on and off at 9:20am/pm
  • Temperature - Her basking spot is ~28-29 C, with ambient temp around 20 C, lowest overnight is 18C
  • Humidity - overnight levels around 80-85%, using a humidifier measured with a digital probe (and one without a probe), during the day I let it dry out, minimum about 40%
  • Plants - fake plants and 2 live plats, 1 pothos, and a money tree
  • Placement - Cage is in my bedroom, in the corner furthest away from my bed
  • Location - Toronto ON
Her eye turrets seemed to look swollen just after she shed (about a week ago), she is still eating but not as much as normal (about 4-5 crickets). Yesterday I saw her itching her eyes on the mesh of her enclosure and gaping her mouth/yawning more when basking. I'm planning on taking her to the vet (trying to book an appointment today), but I'm not sure I will be able to get her an appointment very soon and I would love any tips!
She has a lay bin, but has not lay any eggs.
I've attached some photos of her from yesterday, thanks in advance!
1657117581495.png

1657117637704.png

Typically i would recommend Stopping all supplements other than plain calcium(yes not even D3), for two weeks. It also looks like edema on the throat as well.

If the swelling goes down, you are over supplementing. If the swelling doesnt go down, its time for a vet visit.
Thanks!
I've got her an appointment for next week (just in case), but I will definitely try just giving calcium and seeing if that improves it

Back
Top Bottom