Swollen Eye?? Any Advice is Welcome!!

I went out last night and bought the T5HO with a 5.0 bulb! It’s set up now, I also moved her branches down to about 8-9inches below the light. Her basking spot read 81 last i check and I changed it to a 60Watt for now until I can change the type of bulb. I also took out the fake plants that had detachable parts.

I’m not done yet with the cage and things, but I’m also busy with life and other personal things! I’m going to spend today working on other little things, for starters I changed the watering schedule today and I had the humidifier running (across the room) all night
You can run the humidifier next to the cage as long as it is only at night.

So happy you got the right UVB lighting. And the fixture does not have any sort of plastic covering over the bulb, correct?

You can attach the fake plants on the outside of the cage to make her feel more secure.

I went out last night and bought the T5HO with a 5.0 bulb! It’s set up now, I also moved her branches down to about 8-9inches below the light. Her basking spot read 81 last i check and I changed it to a 60Watt for now until I can change the type of bulb. I also took out the fake plants that had detachable parts.

I’m not done yet with the cage and things, but I’m also busy with life and other personal things! I’m going to spend today working on other little things, for starters I changed the watering schedule today and I had the humidifier running (across the room) all night
Here’s a photo, I took out the exoterra vines as well, next paycheck I’ll order some fluker’s vines!

Attachments

• 257ACD3E-7912-41D5-B1CC-79B81CBEF684.jpeg
    257ACD3E-7912-41D5-B1CC-79B81CBEF684.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 68
You can run the humidifier next to the cage as long as it is only at night.

So happy you got the right UVB lighting. And the fixture does not have any sort of plastic covering over the bulb, correct?

You can attach the fake plants on the outside of the cage to make her feel more secure.
It’s just the light fixture and the bulb, there is no plastic cover between the bulb and her. I can do that instead of throwing them out!

I wish I understood why this is happening to so many people
It can happen for many reasons... Lack of proper UVB causes their bodies to not be able to fight off infection as well....

Incorrect supplementation.

Something in the eye.

Bacterial infection.

Lots of things.... We have to correct the basic husbandry and then rely on a vet to clear the eye and possibly put on antibiotics to clear an infection.

When it is one eye being affected I lean towards something in the eye and or a bacterial infection. But it does not mean you can not correct the husbandry where there are issues.

Back
Top Bottom