Swollen ankle/cut on chin???

reptar0729

So I just moved to Oregon but my cham Reptar is still in Florida while my grandparents take care of him due to the fact that we don't have the means to get him out here at the moment. Anyway, my grandma spoils the crap out of him, so I know he's healthy. She knows what she's doing and always sends me pictures and updates. It's been about a month and a half and everything has been fine up until a few days ago. She called me and told me that Reptar had a swollen ankle. We know it's not gout because it's just his back left and his diet is beyond regulated and totally fine. He eats and drinks normally. The thing is that the swelling hasn't gone down and my grandma says it doesn't seem to bother him but... idk. Could he have fallen?

He's a 1 1/2 year old veiled and I've had him since he was a hatchling. He is a little small for his age but he's always been like that. He was the smallest of the clutch when I got him but he was perfectly healthy.

It's just really hard not being there to see what's up. I've attached pics that my grandma sent me. Please let me know what you think it might be. I found a vet in her area if we need it.

(Excuse his stressed look..he doesn't like smartphones and never has. lol)

Attachments

• IMG_6516.jpg
    IMG_6516.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6517.jpg
    IMG_6517.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 117
So I just moved to Oregon but my cham Reptar is still in Florida while my grandparents take care of him due to the fact that we don't have the means to get him out here at the moment. Anyway, my grandma spoils the crap out of him, so I know he's healthy. She knows what she's doing and always sends me pictures and updates. It's been about a month and a half and everything has been fine up until a few days ago. She called me and told me that Reptar had a swollen ankle. We know it's not gout because it's just his back left and his diet is beyond regulated and totally fine. He eats and drinks normally. The thing is that the swelling hasn't gone down and my grandma says it doesn't seem to bother him but... idk. Could he have fallen?

He's a 1 1/2 year old veiled and I've had him since he was a hatchling. He is a little small for his age but he's always been like that. He was the smallest of the clutch when I got him but he was perfectly healthy.

It's just really hard not being there to see what's up. I've attached pics that my grandma sent me. Please let me know what you think it might be. I found a vet in her area if we need it.

(Excuse his stressed look..he doesn't like smartphones and never has. lol)

Articular gout can show up in one joint but I'm not sure that's what this is. If you describe his diet and supplementation maybe we can rule this out. His foot looks OK so I doubt its an injury. The "cut" on his chin looks like an abrasion from rubbing on something. Is he trying to get out of his cage more often? I would dab some Polysporin (no pain relieving ingredient) on it to protect from secondary infection.

Is he always laying down like that? If he is often in that "crouched" position I'd be concerned; I've seen MBD breaks close to a joint that look a bit like gout, due to the inflammation to the area. Is the foot gripping properly, with the same strength as all his other feet? Can we get a pic of him standing up on the leg? I just wanna see if it's just how he is sitting in the picture.

The chin looks like a rub to me.

Back
Top Bottom