Swollen and film over eye

Vcolonia

Been having issues need help in what kind of meds. My chameleon keeps getting this film on his eye and then can’t see so doesn’t eat. I have been cleaning it and it has now hit both eyes. This morning saw eye was very swollen. Need help

Attachments

• IMG_6247.jpeg
    IMG_6247.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6246.jpeg
    IMG_6246.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6248.jpeg
    IMG_6248.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 26
You really need to get him to a good exotics vet asap…He has a bad infection. It seems to be in multiple places…the bump on his ”nose”, the cheeks and the eyes for starters. I wouldn’t wait…he’s likely going to go down hill fast.

Those infected areas need to be cleaned out and a sample send to determine which bacteria is involved….most likely Pseudomonas aeruginosa and maybe more than one bacteria…and then it needs to be put on the appropriate medication. If it is Pseudomonas aeruginosa, it’s very diffi to get rid of.

@jann or anyone else…any vet information in that area (Canoga park ,CA), about a good vet who would take a chameleon for an emergency appointment?

Many of them should be open tomorrow at least - I'd suggest calling RIGHT when they open. If they open at 8AM, start calling at 7:59. Most vets leave an appointment or two open daily for emergencies such as this - you MIGHT be able to snag one if you describe how bad off your cham is.

Finally got him to a vet. Need give him shots for the infection for 3 weeks and drops for his eye. Hopefully it starts working fast. Got him to eat 3 super worms. Still have to hand feed until he can see properly. Very hard because he can barely see so he doesn’t always shoot his tongue because he has zero aim. Wish him luck

Back
Top Bottom