switching to halogen

Benjammin710

Hey guys hows it going i'm looking for some advise, im sure there is already a thread about this but i cant find anything with exactly what my question is. I'm thinking about switching to a halogen bulb but i'm not sure what wattage to use. Right now i'm using a 150w exo terra regular basking bulb. I have been looking at the arcadia bulbs but not sure which one i should get. my cage is 4ft(H)2ftx2ft(W) and her closest basking area is about 12inches form the top.

Thanks

Just to clarify: why exactly are you planning to switch?

The only difference between a Halogen bulb and a regular incandescent (for these purposes) is that halogen bulbs typically generate more heat at the same wattage.

Arcadia is a manufacturer of lights; they make all kinds of lights so I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. If you mean their halogen spot lights, afaik, it is basically just a halogen bulb (many others make these products too).

On the other hand, Arcadia on these boards is typically referenced in regards to their UVB bulbs. If that was what you are referring to, then you should aim for the 6% bulb, but this does not generate the type of basking heat you would want; this is of course UVB :p

The only reason i thought about switching to halogen was to use a lower wattage bulb but still have the same heat if not a little more. the only reason i mentioned arcadia was because im already using their UVB bulb.

Go with a PAR20 50w Flood. they are in black and red boxes at home depot. DO NOT buy the spot lamp, only flood. Angle it, not pointing it straight down.

Back
Top Bottom