switched to larger crickets

jonr

i recently switched to larger crickets for my male veiled and he usually eats around 20 small crickets a day and the past few days i went to larger ones and he is eating around 6, but today and yesterday he ate only 2 is it normal or these crickets might be to big?

he is about 5 months guessing from size. The crickets are around 1/2, when he eats them it takes a few lil bites but he gets them down without a problem... if he doesnt eat by tomorrow ill switch back to the smaller ones

It's possible he could be intimidated by the cricket size.
If you can get 3/8s size, that would probably work better for you for another month or so till he feels safer eating 1/2s

Only 1 of my chams has been intimidated by proper sized crickets, but he got over it in around a week or two. The rest of my chams wont eat smaller crickets, they're too boring for them.

It's possible he could be intimidated by the cricket size.
If you can get 3/8s size, that would probably work better for you for another month or so till he feels safer eating 1/2s

Only 1 of my chams has been intimidated by proper sized crickets, but he got over it in around a week or two. The rest of my chams wont eat smaller crickets, they're too boring for them.

i hope so, I'm going to get smaller crickets tomorrow cause he just won't eat them...

Same problem

My female has eaten large crickets like she will never get another since she was only about half grown. My male is a much more picky eater. He is scared to death of large crickets,so I have to feed him lots of the small. This has went on for as long as I have had him as a baby and he is full grown now. My theory is that he is a giant baby as he doesnt like me at all and is scared and hides everytime i see him (which i wish I could find a way to stop) where as my girl eats superworms and crickets out of my hand. I think that he just has a differant personality but Im no expert.

Back
Top Bottom