surprise!!

soooo…. last weekend i rescued a 2/3 yo male veiled from my friends brother who didn’t take care of him,, he had no basking light, no humidity, dehydrated, enclosure on the floor, pretty empty enclosure, only fed crickets his whole life w no supplements. eventually i plan on breeding once i get him healthy ! his name is Spliff btw

Attachments

• F2604B9C-3A1E-4F35-AB85-7E506BF91BFC.jpeg
    F2604B9C-3A1E-4F35-AB85-7E506BF91BFC.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 44
  • D13ACE12-A505-4651-B360-25691C19FF82.jpeg
    D13ACE12-A505-4651-B360-25691C19FF82.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 41
Great job in saving him. With a little TLC he will thrive. I second the vet trip since a long time with improper care could have issues we can't always see.
I did notice a bump on his Veil (might be lighting shadow). (y)
yea it was a shadow, yesterday i checked him over rlly well, his mouth looks good he’s just week and dehydrated. i’m worried ab early mbd so i will take him to the vet. he looks to have bumps on his side. i’ll take pics after school and y’all lmk what you think it could be

yea it was a shadow, yesterday i checked him over rlly well, his mouth looks good he’s just week and dehydrated. i’m worried ab early mbd so i will take him to the vet. he looks to have bumps on his side. i’ll take pics after school and y’all lmk what you think it could be
I 3rd the vet. He's cute! But his eyes are quite sunken. & that long w.out the right stuff he truly should be looked at. Happy you saved him ♡

I would reconsider breeding him.... If you look at his patterning they are supposed to have 3 solid bars on their side if genetics are good. This guy does not have the three bars. Also with prior health issues and current health issues it just is not a good idea. Potential new owners of babies like to see healthy parents before they pick a baby from a private breeder. Not to mention breeding babies is expensive and then trying to find buyers for baby veileds can be very difficult.

@Beman said..."If you look at his patterning they are supposed to have 3 solid bars on their side if genetics are good"... Can you tell me where you learned that....I've never heard it before.
I found it in something Petr had published. I do not remember where though. It may have been in an article he wrote or an interview.
My loose remembering of it was...
According to him in the wild they always have 3 solid and clear bars on their side. These should be complete bars. When they only have 2 bars or a weird partial shaped bars this indicates genetic issue which could be passed on to offspring.

I found it in something Petr had published. I do not remember where though. It may have been in an article he wrote or an interview.
My loose remembering of it was...
According to him in the wild they always have 3 solid and clear bars on their side. These should be complete bars. When they only have 2 bars or a weird partial shaped bars this indicates genetic issue which could be passed on to offspring.
Very interesting!

yea it was a shadow, yesterday i checked him over rlly well, his mouth looks good he’s just week and dehydrated. i’m worried ab early mbd so i will take him to the vet. he looks to have bumps on his side. i’ll add pics and y’all lmk what you think it could be
ill check this out… i will make him a vet appointment and get him in good health

Back
Top Bottom