Surprise!!!!!!

Kerrek

Well I went outside today to feed my chams and everything looks normal until I get to Deanna's cage. I was getting ready to open the door to give her her crickets and I noticed something on the door. Took a closer look and sits a freshly hatched baby sitting on the screen. Have a minor what the heck moment. Then I started looking and saw a bunch more babies all over the cage. Went and grabbed a container and started hunting ended up finding 11 babies this morning and 1 more tonight when I got home from work. So now I have 12 more mouths to feed. Was really surprised the mom never went off feed never saw her in her plant and never saw her with any dirt on her after digging sneaky little bugger.

That's awesome congrats on the lil ones... they musta been in there 6-10 months an she laid them in her plant? be interesting to know how many there was total an how many dug there way out.. I always wonder how they can dig out from a foot down after bein in the ground for 6-12 months

Awsome suprise!! Did she lay in a laying bin or was it substrate from her plant?

It was in her plant. I usually catch them trying to lay in their plant then move them to a laying cage. She was just sneaky. :D

That's awesome congrats on the lil ones... they musta been in there 6-10 months an she laid them in her plant? be interesting to know how many there was total an how many dug there way out.. I always wonder how they can dig out from a foot down after bein in the ground for 6-12 months

I am guessing she laid them in October I bred two females on the same day in July and they laid their eggs 3 days apart in August. Then the one laid a second clutch in October. I though it was funny this one didn't double clutch well that mystery is solved. These ones hatched about a month behind the ones I had in the incubator.

It was in her plant. I usually catch them trying to lay in their plant then move them to a laying cage. She was just sneaky. :D

I am guessing she laid them in October I bred two females on the same day in July and they laid their eggs 3 days apart in August. Then the one laid a second clutch in October. I though it was funny this one didn't double clutch well that mystery is solved. These ones hatched about a month behind the ones I had in the incubator.

Interesting.. like I said ita be interesting to see how many there was total.. i always think about how tough it would be for them to dig themselves out an how many survive the dig out cause like i said that's a lot of digging to get to the surface..

That is an amazing story!!! and what a surprise:) Congrats, those lil buggers are sooo cute:D Can't wait to see em' when they get a bit older! Keep us updated:D

What a surprise!!
Did she lay in a plant in her cage?
Have you examined the plant for babies that didnt make it?

That is an amazing story!!! and what a surprise:) Congrats, those lil buggers are sooo cute:D Can't wait to see em' when they get a bit older! Keep us updated:D

well I am up to 17 babies this afternoon and I have an idea what they will turn out like because her first clutch are coloring up now.

Well these little guys are still surprising me I found three more today. So far I have had 27 hatch And all but 2 have survived. Makes everyday an adventure searching for babies to find them before mom eats them.

What an amazing story! Congrats on the unknown clutch - they are adorable and as you can see by their previously hatched brothers & sisters, they will be adorable!

Back
Top Bottom