Surprise insect found

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
I went to check on Ezekiel and on the inside of the glass there is a 1 1/2” long insect that looks sort of like a stick insect. I don’t know where it came from or how it got inside the enclosure. The enclosure is downstairs and there is not even a window in the room that it is in. I also washed off the plants with a 5% bleach mix before putting them in. Any ideas what type of stick insect this is?

thanks,

Tony

t
B5A24D91-A6E5-4FF8-9960-3A8ED39373B2.jpeg

0F41F875-5F6B-4500-8467-AE1162A0AD3A.jpeg

FA8E3203-8C4D-4DFB-9314-E4536D6ED2B7.jpeg

Yeah. I live in western pa. I guess it’s possible it was in the substrate mix that I used to set up the enclosure last august.

You don’t raise these by any chance? I did just dump the dirt and all that came with the spring tails into my enclosure that I bought from you.

I was sitting here like what the heck, how could he have gotten an egg from my stickbugs because the green beans are pretty rare and distinguished looking. Completely forgot about the springtails! I scooped some substrate from my stickbug enclosure because there were tons of springtails in it. I thought i screwed up that batch of eggs too wow.

Man take that bug and pray for more! Theyll grow kinda quick and make a tasty snack! Keep it kinda humid.. will eat lettuce, oak, raspberry/blackberry leaves , and i thinj theyll eat rose.

I tried sticks for a while. Took FOREVER for them to hatch out for me. I wasn't willing to devote the space for the numbers I thought I would need to get a viable feeding group going.

But hey, that's just me.

I tried sticks for a while. Took FOREVER for them to hatch out for me. I wasn't willing to devote the space for the numbers I thought I would need to get a viable feeding group going.

But hey, that's just me.

Try vietnamese next time around. They all do take a little while to mature, but viets seem to do it pretty quickly and are easy and prolific.

Well, I looked for it the next morning. Either I can't find it, or EZ ate it. It was on the glass right in front of where he sleeps and he was looking at it the whole time I was taking pictures of it. So I feel like I no longer have a pet stick bug.

Back
Top Bottom