Surgery

melric

Avid Member
Today is a sad day. My horse has colic. I had to take him to the vet and after watching and treating him medically all day he has to have surgery. I hope he pulls through and it's an easy procedure and recovery. ;(

As a long time horse owner/competitor I am very sorry and understand what you are going thru.
my Holsteiner Mare had a catastrophic injury last May and didn't think she would live an hour, and she is back in full work and competing.
So hope for the best, try not to expect the worst and put your nose in her neck as soon as possible.
Anne in the 805

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. They've been operating for hours. He's my trail horse I've had him since he was 6 months old. He's 9 now.

Im assuming he twisted his intestine, did they tell you upper or lower?

They are saying it's twisted, but I didn't ask which level. He was treated all day and just got even more bloated than before. It's very, very expensive but I just couldn't let him die.:( I'm gonna have to be working lots of 12 hour days in the near future. But it's all worth it.

I'm glad to hear your mare made it through. Gives me hope.

Here he is.

Attachments

• P1030066.jpg
    P1030066.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 146
  • P1030045.JPG
    P1030045.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 139
Your pics show you take good care of your boy. Such a gentle eye and soft muzzle. He is a good lookin Palomino, you have great vets in Riverside. This goofy weather isn't helping. People have no idea how fragile our 4 legged soulmates are.
hang in there, for a true horseperson this is our darkest hour, tell him you love him and need him. He has to pull thru for both of you. Anne

Thanks Son Tiger. I haven't ridden him for a long while. But, from now on I'm going to be doing a lot more riding.

I just got the call from the vet!!! Argos should be fine. They removed a small 3 pound softball size stone from his intestine. Now for recovery. ;..) I'm so happy. Thank you everyone for your support!

Aww thats a beautiful Palamino reminds me alot of my dads palamino Sundance growing up.:) Hoping the best for your companion and you are in my prayers both of you.:)

The best horses come from Utah! I'm pretty sure that's where I got him shipped from when he was a baby!

Today was the most exhausting day ever too. I'm so tired I was up since 8am walking my poor guy for 3 hours before the vet decided to hospitalize him. My feet really hurt too.

Well you can now go to bed knowing that beautiful horse will still be with you. i am thrilled for you that he is ok. Get some sleep.

Back
Top Bottom