Supplements

Juliette

Ok, so I have done tons of research on supplements and I have this which is the rules I was going to go by from the CCR for Panthers on this site:

"Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."

Today, I purchased my baby panther, I assume he is only around a month in age because he is very tiny!
I was told the only supplement I will be using until he is about 3 months old is the calcium (with d3) once every two weeks.
Is this information correct? I would appreciate the input, thanks!

Ok, so I have done tons of research on supplements and I have this which is the rules I was going to go by from the CCR for Panthers on this site:

"Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks."

Today, I purchased my baby panther, I assume he is only around a month in age because he is very tiny!
I was told the only supplement I will be using until he is about 3 months old is the calcium (with d3) once every two weeks.
Is this information correct? I would appreciate the input, thanks!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new baby. I totally disagree with the d3 calcium only. I do agree with what you have learned from successful keepers. I have attached my blog for how I have been successful with young panthers and veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Not correct! Chameleons need supplements with and without D3 as well as multivitamins. Stick with the first schedule you mentioned, not what you were recommended when you bought your new baby and good luck, you'll enjoy it!:)

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new baby. I totally disagree with the d3 calcium only. I do agree with what you have learned from successful keepers. I have attached my blog for how I have been successful with young panthers and veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Thanks! I thought her advice was kind of strange!
Are you also able to help me identify the gender? She said it was male but i'm second guessing, ill be so bummed if I took home a little girl because as a beginner I am not ready for that adventure!

Thanks! I thought her advice was kind of strange!
Are you also able to help me identify the gender? She said it was male but i'm second guessing, ill be so bummed if I took home a little girl because as a beginner I am not ready for that adventure![/QUOT

Please post some photos. Photos with the base of the tail please.

full

full

I hope these are ok! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He or she is usually a very light tan and in the sun the blues show really well because its an ambanja, which made me think it was a boy.
but he has a tiny indent under tail which is what leads me thinking it may be female.

Back
Top Bottom