supplements for vield chameleon?

hi everyone I am new to the site and wanted to make sure that my 5 month old veiled chameleon is getting every vitamin he needs. I have calcium and reptivite with D3. Please let me know if anything else is needed. thanks guys.

Calcium without D3 is to be dusted at almost every feeding. Calcium with D3 every two weeks, a multivitamin every two weeks but not at the same time as D3. Only one product used at a time. So cal basically every day, say D3 on the 15th multivitamin on 16th, back to calcium, than D3 29th multivitamin the 30th...or whatever days you want, just 2 weeks apart

Make sure the calcium is phosphorous-free and I recommend that the vitamins have a beta carotene source of vitamin A since beta carotene (PrOformed) sources cannot build up in the system and lead to health issues like the prEformed can. This leaves it up to you to decide whether the chameleon needs prEformed or not.

Make sure you have appropriate basking temperatures and that you provide appropriate UVB and feed/gutload the insects properly.

And dont forget about the water for their hydration, I even take a shower with them 5 times of a month just too let them know not to be shy with me...yup...yup

Back
Top Bottom