Supplements for new babies

Andie

Avid Member
I have 3 hatchlings, aged 6, 5 & 3 weeks of age.

2 of them are eating and growing well, on the following feeders (so far): fruit flies, 1/8th in crickets, phoenix worms, Indian sticks, & bean beetles.

At what point should I try to dust these feeders? I'm worried they're too small to dust.

I have all the proper supplements, including a dusting cup.

Thanks!

No point dusting the flies (near impossible).

The rest you should be able to dust though, they're never too small.

Don't tell all the poison dart frog keepers on dendroboard.com, including me, that you can't dust fruitflies. :) That's a primary food for their frogs and flies are dusted often. The finer supplements stick just fine, at least for a time. I like using Repashy supplements (calcium No D3 formula) and on occasion (2 to 4 feedings per a month), Reptivite with No D3 to provide preformed vitamin A. For D3, I prefer letting babies make their own through exposure to UVB lamps.

I dust my fruit flies and bean beetles. I put a little dust in a big, deep steel mixing bowl and tap in the bean beetles or fruit flies in. Tapping the sides of the bowl keep them from escaping.

Here's my blog for new keepers and the way that I supplement in about 3/4 of the way down.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Jann, you never cease to amaze me with the wealth of information you tirelessly pass on. You give newcomers the same basic uplifting message and have those links at your finger tips.

There are a lot of little chameleons that owe you a debt of gratitude, mine included. Thank you for all your hard work. You really are making a difference to the lives of chameleons. Keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom