supplements for jackson

caroline?

Avid Member
hi so i've heard people say that the multivitamin you use for jacksons shouldn't have phosphorus in it and i believe the reptivite ive been using has phosphorus.

i usually give my chameleon calcium without d3 every feeding and multivitamin every two weeks, i don't know if this is right but here's the supplements i've been using and the last photo is one i bought today, not sure if it's the right one so i kept the receipt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 87
Ok I looked up the ingredients for the reptivite and I believe you are correct because it lists calcium phosphate. I use Repashy calcium plus. The recommended schedule is: calcium no d no phosphorus every other feeding, calcium with d once a month and the multivitamin once a month. For my Jackson I give her 2-3 insects dusted with calcium no d no phosphorus and the other 2-3 dusted with pollen every feeding and on Sundays I dust 1 or 2 insects with the multivitamin (which is not the Repashy lo d, so I do not use a calcium with d), but I’m trying something different with my baby. When these run out I will be switching to Arcadia Earthpro-A and Repashy lo d. ☺️

Ok I looked up the ingredients for the reptivite and I believe you are correct because it lists calcium phosphate. I use Repashy calcium plus. The recommended schedule is: calcium no d no phosphorus every other feeding, calcium with d once a month and the multivitamin once a month. For my Jackson I give her 2-3 insects dusted with calcium no d no phosphorus and the other 2-3 dusted with pollen every feeding and on Sundays I dust 1 or 2 insects with the multivitamin (which is not the Repashy lo d, so I do not use a calcium with d), but I’m trying something different with my baby. When these run out I will be switching to Arcadia Earthpro-A and Repashy lo d. ☺️
thank you!

So, I wrote up a little article on how I keep all my jax:

https://www.kaizenchameleons.com/about-3

My supplement regime is on there. But @JacksJill also has a successful supplement program, so between the chameleon academy, the care sheet on this site, my advice and Jill's advice, you'll have four distinct data point from which you can draw information, and put together a supplement schedule that works for your cham.

thank you to everyone helping, my chameleon has struggled with edema since i got her and im really trying to improve her husbandry as best as i can :)

Ok I looked up the ingredients for the reptivite and I believe you are correct because it lists calcium phosphate. I use Repashy calcium plus. The recommended schedule is: calcium no d no phosphorus every other feeding, calcium with d once a month and the multivitamin once a month. For my Jackson I give her 2-3 insects dusted with calcium no d no phosphorus and the other 2-3 dusted with pollen every feeding and on Sundays I dust 1 or 2 insects with the multivitamin (which is not the Repashy lo d, so I do not use a calcium with d), but I’m trying something different with my baby. When these run out I will be switching to Arcadia Earthpro-A and Repashy lo d. ☺
I forgot to mention when I switch to the Arcadia EarthPro-A and Repashy Lo-d, I’ll be using the supplement schedule on the Chameleon Academy care sheet, which is the Lo-d once a month and EarthPro every feeding.

I forgot to mention when I switch to the Arcadia EarthPro-A and Repashy Lo-d, I’ll be using the supplement schedule on the Chameleon Academy care sheet, which is the Lo-d once a month and EarthPro every feeding.
Just continue to monitor the situation. Earth pro A does have vitamin K and a bunch of rare earth minerals. If edema is already a problem, you could consider mixing the earthpro 50/50 with plain calcium.

This is from the forum care sheet and may work with what you already have. There are other options if you want. Chameleon Academy has a good one also.
"Feeder insects should be lightly dusted with powdered supplement before being fed to your chameleon. As a montane species (native to higher altitudes) Jackson's have decreased supplementation requirements compared to tropical species due to metabolism differences. Use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) twice a week, a multivitamin once a month, and calcium with D3 once a month."

I do some slightly different. I dust with phos free no D3 calcium mixed with ground bee pollen Monday, Wednesday & Friday very very very lightly. Two Mondays a month I swap the calcium combo with Repashy Calcium Plus LoD also very lightly. It has worked for me for years. The bee pollen is optional as it's benefits are uncertain but is part of their diet in the wild.

I can't tell you which method is best as there is no solid data to compare. Which ever you choose get good T5 lights to make it work for your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom