supplementation for Jackson chameleon

MistGold

Hello!
My chameleon soon will born a babies , chameleon im talking about is Jacksson Chameleon.

I've got few question about babies:

What supplementation for babies should i use?
For adults im using twice a week calcium without D3 once a month Calcium with D3 and Reptivite With d3 also once a month

Are fruit flies are nessecary or Pinkhead crickets are enough (Small ones)

Temp what im planning to hold them is 20 Celcius Degrees at day 15-16 Celcius deegres at night.

I read somewhere that babies dosent req. a hot spot

Calcium Reptivite etc im using from ZooMed brand

And also UVB 13W 5%

Please answer me on those questions , and correct me if i am wrong somewhere.

Sorry for my bad English but it isnt my primary language.

Oh also Humidity i forgot to add i will hold it between 65-85 % + i will mount them a fogger.

Those females that are pregnant are Wild Capture , and came fertilized

The supplement schedule is correct but I caution you to use it very lightly on only half the feeders you feed on the supplement days. It is easy to overdose these little ones. I personally use Repashy Calcium Plus Lo D as my D3 and vitamin source in place of the Calcium D3 and the reptivite. I also mix my plain calcium with some powdered bee pollen for my plain calcium days.
I haven't done that on the babies yet but will on my next batch.
Pinhead crickets may be too large for a starter food for new borns. Fruit flies cultures are recommended, melanogaster and hydei. Bean beetles or rice flower beetles also work but I've had more luck raising bean beetles.
I don't use a heat source on under 3 months just a T5 bulb and a plant light. They give off almost no heat. Each cage has live plants to hold the humidity. I probably have a different species of Jackson than you do and they can be more difficult to raise so I put them in glass cages either singles or pairs. Others have had success with large densely planted screen cages outdoors. I realize this isn't possible most places.

The supplement schedule is correct but I caution you to use it very lightly on only half the feeders you feed on the supplement days. It is easy to overdose these little ones. I personally use Repashy Calcium Plus Lo D as my D3 and vitamin source in place of the Calcium D3 and the reptivite. I also mix my plain calcium with some powdered bee pollen for my plain calcium days.
I haven't done that on the babies yet but will on my next batch.
Pinhead crickets may be too large for a starter food for new borns. Fruit flies cultures are recommended, melanogaster and hydei. Bean beetles or rice flower beetles also work but I've had more luck raising bean beetles.
I don't use a heat source on under 3 months just a T5 bulb and a plant light. They give off almost no heat. Each cage has live plants to hold the humidity. I probably have a different species of Jackson than you do and they can be more difficult to raise so I put them in glass cages either singles or pairs. Others have had success with large densely planted screen cages outdoors. I realize this isn't possible most places.
JacksJill, jacksonii xantholophus neonates come out big enough to eat pinhead crickets. I agree with you about the smaller subspecies being more temperamental and needing smaller food prey.

Back
Top Bottom