supplement help

sp33d

Ok I have done alot of reading on this ubject and know it varies from type of chameleon and age etc.

I am having a hard time coming up with a proper supp schedule(basically I am second guessing myself)

So here it goes.
I have a 3 month old male ambilobe
I live in Michigan so he wont get outside too much
Zoo med 100 watt powersun
I gutload my crickets with fresh veggies and fruit(cucumber, carrots, kale, apples)

I have
Rep-cal phosphorous free calcium w/d-3
Rep-cal herpitive multi vitamin

can anyone help me with a good supp schedule?

I was thinking about dusting crickets lightly once a day with the herpitive
Dusting crickets with the calicum w/d-3 once every 2 weeks.

any input?

herpative should be used twice a month, calcium with d3 should be used every week and a half, and also go pick up some calcium with out d3 and that should be used every other feeding... i have the same problem he will only get to be outside for 2 months of the year... that schedual was collected off this site im sure if you search deeper into the forums you could find more info. but that is what i go with

Thanks pieces

ponders-I am using the zoo med powersun UV 100watt which emits both UVA and UVB with heat. If I have any problems with it I will swap it out, but my buddy has used them for his veil chameleons for the past year and hasnt had any issues(but I have read contrary info, so we will see).
thanks again

sp33d- I personally, even when I was living in MI used a regular household lightbulb for basking, and a repti-sun 5.0 for UVB. Based on that lighting, this is my schedule.

Repcal w/D3 once a month
Reptivite w/D3 once a month
Herptivite once a month
Repcal without D3 5 times a week

I use calcium without D3 on most crickets
I use a repcal calcium with D3 about twice a month (my chameleons do not go outside)
I use vitamin supplement about twice a week (beta carotene, not preformed A)
I use a wide variety of feeder insects (I dont dust most of these at all) and concentrate on good gutloading, rather than using a lot of supplements.

Thanks pieces

ponders-I am using the zoo med powersun UV 100watt which emits both UVA and UVB with heat. If I have any problems with it I will swap it out, but my buddy has used them for his veil chameleons for the past year and hasnt had any issues(but I have read contrary info, so we will see).
thanks again

I used the 100w powersun for about 4 months, without issues. The bulb burned out one day and I decided to do a linear tube and basking lamp set-up instead. The lamp worked well and once you get the temp right they work great. Its just easier to do them seperate, as you have more controll over distances and temperatures. I'd use it and then replace it either when it burns out or in 6 months. If you can return it... well thats an option aswell. If and when you do replace it, many of us use the repti-sun 5.0 linear uvb tube, along with a incedesent household bulb for basking.

-Jay

Back
Top Bottom