Supplement confusion/questions

Need to know what to use and when. Became confused when doing further research.

I have a 4/5 month old panther cham. Everyday he gets crickets and roaches dusted with the calcium WITHOUT D3. And am dusting food with Multivitamins once every 2 weeks. Do i need to be adding the Calcium WITH D3?? Am i doing it right? Attached is pic of what i currently have. First time cham owner, and cham is slowly but surely bonding with me.

Attachments

• 20180115_170543.jpg
    20180115_170543.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 64
Sounds like you're on the right track! Use the "without D3" daily, the multivitamin (blue one) twice a month, and the "with D3" twice a month as well

The three you're showing are all vitamins. Calcium is a mineral....just in case you didn't know.
I use...Rep-Cal calcium without D3 at almost every feeding lightly and Rep-Cal calcium with D3 twice a month lightly and Herptivite vitamins twice a month lightly. So..it's a phosphorus-free calcium powder at almost every feeding and a phosphorus-free calcium/D3 powder twice a month and a vitamin powder with a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A (no D3) twice a month...and then if you're concerned about vitamin A, use one like Reptivite with prEformed vitamin A in it once a month instead of the one with beta carotene in it...so that would mean once a month with Herptivite and once a month with Reptivite instead of twice with Herptivite..
Does that help??

This image, shows what you recommend. It also says for those under "natural sunlight conditions"-what does that mean? Have i not been giving my cham calcium this whole time??? Repitvite misleading me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180115-175223.png
    Screenshot_20180115-175223.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 51
I don't know all of what's in the two reptivite bottles you showed...but if it doesn't say calcium...then no...you haven't been giving it calcium.

By saying "under natural sunlight conditions" i think they're meaning if your chameleon is getting UVB from outside...because if it is you don't need to give it D3 in the calcium.

Back
Top Bottom