Supplement advice please - veiled

EMBO2021

Hello all.
I am new to the forum and 1st time chameleon owner. We have an approx 5mo veiled chameleon.
Gut loading all food with veg peelings etc. Each feed we use prorep calcidust, but are not using any other supplements. Having mooched around on here I think we need to be using others as well?
I’ve read the calcidust label which says it’s 100% calcium carbonate with no additives.
So we’re missing D3? Also multivitamins?
What are the best recommendations for these products please?
note: was feeding crickets & locusts plus mealworms as a treat.
Now moved onto just locusts and got some wax worms today.
Any help appreciated, even if it’s just a pointer to a thread that already answers all these questions.
thanks

Other good supplement brands besides Arcadia are Zoo Med, Sticky Tongue Farms, and Repashy. They all use different schedules and different products from each brand, so once you pick a brand, let us know, and we can give you the correct schedule and products to use!

I am not familiar with that one at all. There are multiple potential combos you can use. But not all are created equally.

You can get repashy NoD for your every feeding calcium without D3. And then Repashy calcium plus for 2 times a month say the first and the 15th. This one would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamin including vit A.

or reptical without D3 and then Reptivite with D3. the Reptical without D3 would be your every feeding supplement and your reptivite with D3 would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamin including A.

Or Earthpro products.
Earthpro A would be given as the calcium without D3 at all feedings and then Revitalise D3 would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamins with vit A only using this 2 times a month say the first and the 15th.

All require correct UVB lighting as well. :)

chameleon-gutload.jpg
chameleon-food(1).jpg

Other good supplement brands besides Arcadia are Zoo Med, Sticky Tongue Farms, and Repashy. They all use different schedules and different products from each brand, so once you pick a brand, let us know, and we can give you the correct schedule and products to use!
Ok will do Thankyou.

I am not familiar with that one at all. There are multiple potential combos you can use. But not all are created equally.

You can get repashy NoD for your every feeding calcium without D3. And then Repashy calcium plus for 2 times a month say the first and the 15th. This one would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamin including vit A.

or reptical without D3 and then Reptivite with D3. the Reptical without D3 would be your every feeding supplement and your reptivite with D3 would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamin including A.

Or Earthpro products.
Earthpro A would be given as the calcium without D3 at all feedings and then Revitalise D3 would be your calcium with D3 and multivitamins with vit A only using this 2 times a month say the first and the 15th.

All require correct UVB lighting as well. :)

View attachment 290740View attachment 290741
So when you use the D3 as well, can it be the same time as the calcium or in different feeds?

So when you use the D3 as well, can it be the same time as the calcium or in different feeds?
It is better if your D3 is in a combo including your vitamin A. So the ones I told you have this combo. On this day you only dust with this one supplement. All other feedings you dust with the calcium without D3. Does that make sense?

This would be a great resource for you as well. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Just let us know what your planning on ordering and we can confirm if it is recommended for use with chams and how you would use it. :)
Great stuff Thankyou
TBH I just went with the stuff that was recommended in the setup pack I bought when I got the Viv.

Also, if you take your chameleon outside long enough, you’ll need a multivitamin without D3 (if you go with the Zoo Med supplement schedule) and a calcium with D3

Personally I use arcadia supplements. For 2 reasons. 1Bill strand sells them. Good recommendations. And 2 it doesn't matter what age your cham is just follow the schedule it doesn't have too be every other Saturday or whatever just the schedule just my opinion

Personally I use arcadia supplements. For 2 reasons. 1Bill strand sells them. Good recommendations. And 2 it doesn't matter what age your cham is just follow the schedule it doesn't have too be every other Saturday or whatever just the schedule just my opinion
Is that the Earth Pro A one?
Sorry for all the q’s I just want to get it right.

Is that the Earth Pro A one?
Sorry for all the q’s I just want to get it right.
The one you showed in the picture is Zoo Med Reptivite with D3
Edit: you meant if Earth Pro supplements are Arcadia, and yes they are. Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom