Superworn Beatle

Treyton

I know this is probably a silly question but better safe than sorry,
Can you feed your chameleon ( if the appropriate size for your chameleon) the superworn beatle?

Last edited:
yes. they will just hold less nutrition value over the grubs. I wouldnt use it as a staple tho. I assume there might be an impaction risk.

Not that I have eaten one myself but I heard they taste horrible, my chams wont touch them!

Do you have superworm beetles or are you asking in case they turn into beetles? The great thing about supers is that they stay worms unless you isolate them. Mealworms turn into creepy stuff fast.

Nothing of mine would touch those except one curious gecko and he never did again. Those are some serious crunchy bugs.

I have isolated them to breed them but I wasn't sure about the Beatles themselves if they were ok, this thread wax more out of curiosity than actually wanting to feed them to my chameleons

Mine wont ever eat them. I have a bunch of drift wood and branches in my cages that the worms burrow into and come out as beetles.

I don't want to get too creative with my guys food so I get them out of there. an impacted chameleon is not a good thing so I don't risk it.

Mine wont ever eat them. I have a bunch of drift wood and branches in my cages that the worms burrow into and come out as beetles.

I don't want to get too creative with my guys food so I get them out of there. an impacted chameleon is not a good thing so I don't risk it.

I take the beetles and use them to breed more super worms. Put them to work for me lol

yeaa mine doesnt show any interest in them either. strange side note though, about a month ago i bought 100 superworms and when i opened up the cup there were 2 pupa in there. i heard they won't pupate unless isolated, but i guess thats proof that its not always the case

chams generally dont eat them, but they are fine to eat. They just dont like the taste. The beetles have much less nutrition and i have heard of (probably a myth) a young cham getting impaction from them. Im pretty sure this is just a dumbasses story but yea. They dont have anything that nessecarily makes them a bad candidate for a food, just not a staple or even a nutritious treat

Back
Top Bottom