Superworms question.

cyberlocc

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys so I have a rather odd supers question.

I am in the process of moving all my bugs to Naturalistic Vivs. I am wondering if anyone has kept supers and Darklings together, and will they pupate with out interference? Another words, will they pupate on their own without separation. I read a statement from Sandra stating they will it just isn't efficient, I am curious of anyone's attempts at it.

I have a colony of superworms in a bin with cork flats, substrate, etc. All of my colonies are kept naturalisticly as well. I have plenty to feed off, but it's true you'd probably get more doing the conventional breeding methods. If I was trying to sell them I'd probably do that, or just use more bins. I've noticed the supers kept this way tend to be more plump with softer shells too, making them nice treats for the cham.

I havent had any luck. I think its just a theory, but i believe adult super worms will eat the baby super worms. And yes you have to separate. I only had 1 dozen in the dubia bin, and that was enough to keep them from pupating. Once it got down to about 6, they all started beetling.

I havent had any luck. I think its just a theory, but i believe adult super worms will eat the baby super worms. And yes you have to separate. I only had 1 dozen in the dubia bin, and that was enough to keep them from pupating. Once it got down to about 6, they all started beetling.

Well ya, I could see that in a Dubia Bin, as you don't have substrate do you? That's the key.

Thanks James, that was exactly what I was planning :).

I have a colony of superworms in a bin with cork flats, substrate, etc. All of my colonies are kept naturalisticly as well. I have plenty to feed off, but it's true you'd probably get more doing the conventional breeding methods. If I was trying to sell them I'd probably do that, or just use more bins. I've noticed the supers kept this way tend to be more plump with softer shells too, making them nice treats for the cham.

Actually one more thing. Got pics of that setup? I am curious the sizing you use ect as well? How much room does that kind of setup need?

Back
Top Bottom