SUPER WORMS

martyfrost

IS FEEDING SUPER WORMS TO MY CHAMELEON BAD THATS HER FAVORITE FOOD INCLUDING HORN WORMS I TRIED WAX WORMS BUT SHE WONT TOUCH THEM SHE LOVES SUPER WORMS ANDI WAS JUST WONDERING IS IT BAD TO FEED THAT TOHER AS A EVERYDAY MEAL I FEED HER HORN WORMS TO JUST ONES IN A WHILE THOUGH JUST PLEASE LMK IF IM DOING SOMETHING BAD IN FEEDING HER SUPER WORMS EVERYDAY AND I DUST THE WITH CALCIUM WITHOUT D3 EVERY TWO DAYS AND WITH D3 ONES A WEEK MOSTLY EVERY MONDAY AND REPTIVITE EVERY END OF THE WEEK LIKE SATURDAY SHES A 7 MONTH OLD VEILED CHAMELEON

Okay, for future reference I would've just asked your other question about live plants in this post. Before you ask anymore questions make sure to check your recourses here the forum. I'm going to refer you to this link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
So, as for your question about superworms I would definitely try and get your veiled to start eating dubias or crickets. Everyone here on the forums will tell you that chameleons can be picky eaters so I'd suggest introducer her to them and if she doesn't take em, keep trying!

Also, submitting the thread in all caps makes it look silly. Just make sure to pay more attention next time. Sorry it was bugging me (no pun intended) ;)

Okay, for future reference I would've just asked your other question about live plants in this post. Before you ask anymore questions make sure to check your recourses here the forum. I'm going to refer you to this link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
So, as for your question about superworms I would definitely try and get your veiled to start eating dubias or crickets. Everyone here on the forums will tell you that chameleons can be picky eaters so I'd suggest introducer her to them and if she doesn't take em, keep trying!

Also, submitting the thread in all caps makes it look silly. Just make sure to pay more attention next time. Sorry it was bugging me (no pun intended) ;)
lmao I know my bad

Like I said, I'd start introducing crickets or dubias. I mean if she has a hard time getting interested, at least make sure you're properly gutloading until that point.

As long as the superworms are gutloaded properly, I wouldn't worry. But definitely try to use crickets or roaches as a staple. Superworms can be very addictive and may cause hunger strikes.

IS FEEDING SUPER WORMS TO MY CHAMELEON BAD THATS HER FAVORITE FOOD INCLUDING HORN WORMS I TRIED WAX WORMS BUT SHE WONT TOUCH THEM SHE LOVES SUPER WORMS ANDI WAS JUST WONDERING IS IT BAD TO FEED THAT TOHER AS A EVERYDAY MEAL I FEED HER HORN WORMS TO JUST ONES IN A WHILE THOUGH JUST PLEASE LMK IF IM DOING SOMETHING BAD IN FEEDING HER SUPER WORMS EVERYDAY AND I DUST THE WITH CALCIUM WITHOUT D3 EVERY TWO DAYS AND WITH D3 ONES A WEEK MOSTLY EVERY MONDAY AND REPTIVITE EVERY END OF THE WEEK LIKE SATURDAY SHES A 7 MONTH OLD VEILED CHAMELEON
They have too much chitin which causes impaction dont feed them very often or at all use crickets or locusts.

SUPERWORMS ARE A DECENT OCCASIONAL FOOD BUT THEIR GUT DOESN'T APPARENTLY HOLD AS MUCH AS A CRICKET OR ROACH WOULD SO THAT IS WHY ITS IMPORTANT TO FEED CRICKETS AND ROACHES AS A STAPLE SUPERWORMS CAN ALSO CAUSE HUNGER STRIKES BECAUSE THEY ARE ADDICTING SO JUST HOLD OFF FEEDING THEM FOR AWHILE UNTIL HES HUNGRY ENOUGH TO EAT ROACHES OR CRICKETS YOU SHOULD BE DUSTING CALCIUM WITHOUT D3 EVERY FEEDING WITH D3 TWICE A MONTH AND A MULTIVITAMIN TWICE A MONTH ON ALTERNATING WEEKS AS THE D3 READ THE CARESHEETS AND IF YOUD LIKE FURTHER HELP COPY AND PASTE THE HOW TO ASK FOR HELP FORM STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THE HEALTH CLINIC SECTION PEOPLE HERE CAN CRITIQUE YOUR HUSBANDRY AND HELP YOU GET OFF ON THE RIGHT PATH HOPE THAT HELPS :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom