Super worms bite?

crocky

Do superworms bite. I have been wanting to try and hand feed these but it seems I remember someone saying they can give a nasty bite.

Do superworms bite. I have been wanting to try and hand feed these but it seems I remember someone saying they can give a nasty bite.

I have not yet been bitten by one when hand feeding. It seems once they're in your hand they just crawl around. However I could see them biting when being picked up or otherwise handled. They always seem to be trying to get me :D

Yeah they do bite!! One time i was holding one and all the sudden it bit me and scared the hell out of me because they bite hard!!!!:eek:

Yeah they do bite!! One time i was holding one and all the sudden it bit me and scared the hell out of me because they bite hard!!!!:eek:
Geez. Now you got me scared to continue to hand feed Geoffery his worms every day or two. Poor guy is going to think I'm mad at him.:)

They do bite but I still hand feed them. I just hold them close to the head so they can't reach around and bite me. I also make sure my chams grab them by the head so the don't bite my chams.

Geez. Now you got me scared to continue to hand feed Geoffery his worms every day or two. Poor guy is going to think I'm mad at him.:)

HaHa...i dont mean it...but it got me scared too...since that happen i never hold the worm again..i only put them in a cup and feed them to Slowy... :cool:

Just to clarify. I was totally joking about being scared to feed them now. I just read my comment and it even looked like to me that I was serious. I really never did know they bit though. I'm going to see if I can get one to bite me so I know what to look out for.:)

You can use tweezers, they don't break the skin but it will scare the crap out of you if you are not expecting it:D

Well I just spent 10 minutes trying to get a big energetic one to bite me, but no such luck. Oh, well. It will be better when not expected anyway.

I think it is more of a poke then a bite,only happened to me 1 time out of to many other times to count but it caught me off guard so I was a little more careful after that :eek:

Whatever. Try getting an adult hisser off of your hand! I'm always worried about pulling their legs off! Sticky lil buggers! :eek: :D

Wow, I must be tempting fate by just letting them crawl around in on my hand. Maybe I need to be a little more careful :D

Well I just spent 10 minutes trying to get a big energetic one to bite me, but no such luck. Oh, well. It will be better when not expected anyway.

You are brave! I'm honestly nervous touching them because of hearing about their bite. I feed them using smooth chopsticks...chams see the chopsticks and go crazy :p

i crush their heads first, its sort of morbid, but they do continue to squirm, which will keep your cham interested,

I used to cut their heads off before feeding them to my chams because I didn't want any biting (before I knew the safe way to do it) but they would stop squirming so it became a battle of feeding a non-moving thing to a jackson's cham...eventually he caught on that it was still food!

I think superworms are the ones that gross me out the most. I only buy a few at a time and the last time they chewed through the plastic bag!

Back
Top Bottom