Sun's out, cham's out :)

Thomaskoch

My chameleons outside enjoying a rare sight; autumn sun in Denmark! Gotta get them out every time you see a ray, and the temp is decent.

These cages are foldable laundry-baskets from IKEA! Good size for panthers, allows UV to enter, good for a long shower, takes up no space when folded, and are of course cheap since they are IKEA. Whats not to like!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 185
These "pop up" or foldable laundry bags have a lot of uses! I'm facing moving with my aviary birds and have looked at similar types of collapsible laundry hampers to use for travel cages.

These "cages" are great for quick temporary setups, e.g. for some basking in the sun :) Just so nice to see chams in a more natural environment instead of a cage. Chams both look and behave differently when outside.

These "cages" are great for quick temporary setups, e.g. for some basking in the sun :) Just so nice to see chams in a more natural environment instead of a cage. Chams both look and behave differently when outside.
They have shown more activity in natural sunlight.

The angle of the light also allows them to behave more natural. In the cage the "sun" is allways directly above the cham, which is quite un-natural when you think of it.

Back
Top Bottom