sunlight

camimom

so if a cam gets natural sunlight through a window, is it still just as good, or is it better if they are outside?

uvb cannot pass through glass or plastic, so as it might warm them up there is no benefit as far as the uvb absorption goes. Take your chameleon outside but make sure they have shade to get out of the sun and also watch out for birds, cause they eat chameleons!

I was afraid you were gonna say that. I'm afraid to take him outside though. hes so little, i dont want anything to happen to him. Yes I have a uvb light. but sun is better and it doesnt raise my electric bill.

where do you live? You can take your chameleon outside safely if it warm enough but you just have to monitor them continually if you do not have an outdoor cage. I almost had my chameleon taken by a hawk right infront of my eyes. As far as sunning outside you just want to make sure they do not get overheated. If you are hot, then they hot. If you see them sunning and opening their mouth than they are getting overheated.

panhandle of MD. yes i know its february, but we are having a particularly warm day today. like tanktop and shorts day. I dont have an outside cage. I think i will get one soon though cuz I can't sit outside and do homework. (last semester of my bachelors)

panhandle of MD. yes i know its february, but we are having a particularly warm day today. like tanktop and shorts day. I dont have an outside cage. I think i will get one soon though cuz I can't sit outside and do homework. (last semester of my bachelors)

Try one of there butterfly cages, they are cheap and should be great for your little one with a plant inside to hold them steady.

http://www.livemonarch.com/store_enclosures.php

panthers live in natural habitats in the 50degrees range for about three months out of the year in Madagascar, so I would not bring him outside if it gets much colder than that. Also, Congrats on the almost Bachelor's Degree!!!!

Well, i have a veiled. 3 weeks male. so dunno if theres a diff. and thanks! next i'm getting my masters degree.

another Marylander, congrats on the cam, your right it is very tempting to take him out today, I am definately going to get an outside enclosure for summer though

another Marylander, congrats on the cam, your right it is very tempting to take him out today, I am definately going to get an outside enclosure for summer though

Hi! thanks! Camo is his name. What do you have? where in md are you? and today feels soo nice. The minute I get an outdoor enclosure, I'm gonna put him in it everyday. Well when it's sunny out and I'll be home.

Im right outside of Baltimore but I think spring and fall are going to be the best days to take him outside, summers are just too hot here I think and I dont want to hurt the poor guy, I have a blue bar ambilobe panther that I just got in about 2 weeks ago, I named mine Icarus http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/Korey_Knieriem/?action=view&current=003.jpg

I grew up in Gaithersburg. Now I live near frostburg state for school. Your panther is gorgeous. I think youre right about the weather,.

Back
Top Bottom