Sunken Eye

Nicholasdeaan

Avid Member
One of her eyes is sunken in as if she poked it on something. She's been drinking so I don't think it could be from dehydration. Need help!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 183
She don't look dehydrated or sick per say. But yes I would agree with you she probably injured it somehow if it don't clear up by Monday I would take her to see a qualified reptile vet for a look see.

it is dehydrated because suken eyes and dull light green color. how to solve this is to give it a shower in an artificial plant for bout 30 mins

She don't look dehydrated or sick per say. But yes I would agree with you she probably injured it somehow if it don't clear up by Monday I would take her to see a qualified reptile vet for a look see.
Thank you. I was hoping she wasn't dehydrated. She's been drinking just fine

I also agree that she doesn’t look dehydrated either. It may be something simple like some debris caught under the eyelid. First I would try the shower treatment – place a plant or a perch in the shower/tub aim the showerhead so that the water bounces off the wall onto the plant or only on part of the plant and place her in there. She will start cleaning her eyes and that may dislodge what is under there if there is something. Warning: make sure the water is lukewarm! Hot water will burn and burn quickly. Leave her in there for 10 minutes? The water and extra humidity will not hurt.

You may also want to consider switching from the CFL bulb to a tube light. Some CFL bulbs can give off too much UVB combined with low cover/foliage can cause cause eye problems. Not all CFL bulbs do this but it has been reported in the past.

If the above does not help then I do recommend seeing a veterinarian to determine the cause.

Thank you for that advice. If this ever happens again in the future i will be sure to keep this in mind. I am putting more coverage and foliage in her habitat tonight :) Her eye is fine now, it turned out she was starting to shed and it just so happened to start on that side of her face. Both eyes are now wide open and outwards as they should be. :)

I also agree that she doesn’t look dehydrated either. It may be something simple like some debris caught under the eyelid. First I would try the shower treatment – place a plant or a perch in the shower/tub aim the showerhead so that the water bounces off the wall onto the plant or only on part of the plant and place her in there. She will start cleaning her eyes and that may dislodge what is under there if there is something. Warning: make sure the water is lukewarm! Hot water will burn and burn quickly. Leave her in there for 10 minutes? The water and extra humidity will not hurt.

You may also want to consider switching from the CFL bulb to a tube light. Some CFL bulbs can give off too much UVB combined with low cover/foliage can cause cause eye problems. Not all CFL bulbs do this but it has been reported in the past.

If the above does not help then I do recommend seeing a veterinarian to determine the cause.
Thank you for that advice. If this ever happens again in the future i will be sure to keep this in mind. I am putting more coverage and foliage in her habitat tonight :)Her eye is fine now, it turned out she was starting to shed and it just so happened to start on that sideof her face. Both eyes are now wide open and outwards as they should be. :)

Thank you for that advice. If this ever happens again in the future i will be sure to keep this in mind. I am putting more coverage and foliage in her habitat tonight :)Her eye is fine now, it turned out she was starting to shed and it just so happened to start on that sideof her face. Both eyes are now wide open and outwards as they should be. :)
Good to hear clad it all worked out. :)

Her eye is sunken back in again. It has been fine all day and now it's doing it again. She is still shedding, could this be the cause? Her face isn't shedding just her tail now. I'm not sure what's it from. It was completely fine all day. Should I try giving her a shower?

I don't think a shower will hurt. It may not solve the problem, but it sure won't hurt. At this point I would wait until morning to do it; it's way past her bedtime.

I don't think a shower will hurt. It may not solve the problem, but it sure won't hurt. At this point I would wait until morning to do it; it's way past her bedtime.
Ok I will try that in the morning if it persists. And she sleeps in as do I so she gets her hours of light slightly later. She just went to bed.

Back
Top Bottom