Sunburn

Florabanja

I have a few chameleons that are about 2 and a half months old I have had there eggs for over 8 months. They are indoor chameleons unlike there mother who was always kept outside. I decided to let them get some sunlight and it's for about 40 mins I came back and noticed 2 chameleons badly beatin by the sun one had a blister covering its tail and the other one is very weak . The one with the blistered tail is drinking water normally and the other one is barley drinking yes you can call this poor husbandandry but I had no idea they would be hurt they had shade ! And they normally do fine in the sun .. very very worried any suggestions would be appreciated

I have a few chameleons that are about 2 and a half months old I have had there eggs for over 8 months. They are indoor chameleons unlike there mother who was always kept outside. I decided to let them get some sunlight and it's for about 40 mins I came back and noticed 2 chameleons badly beatin by the sun one had a blister covering its tail and the other one is very weak . The one with the blistered tail is drinking water normally and the other one is barley drinking yes you can call this poor husbandandry but I had no idea they would be hurt they had shade ! And they normally do fine in the sun .. very very worried any suggestions would be appreciated
Depending on your temps... Taking babies out in the sun for prolonged time is very dangerous. Also they can get way too hot and die. This is something where they have to be consistently checked and misted but also too hot is just too hot. Their little bodies shut down. Babies do not understand that it is just too hot they will not always move out of the sun into the shade. For the baby with the blistered tail you want to get silver sulfadiazine cream like in this link below. SOme states you can only get it by prescription. But this is what you need.

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/p-710-...MIwrW7_K766gIVAdvACh0UlQvxEAQYAyABEgJJrfD_BwE

You would take a qtip and gently and generously apply it to the blistered tail 2 times a day. It will heal the burn and stop any infection.

Depending on your temps... Taking babies out in the sun for prolonged time is very dangerous. Also they can get way too hot and die. This is something where they have to be consistently checked and misted but also too hot is just too hot. Their little bodies shut down. Babies do not understand that it is just too hot they will not always move out of the sun into the shade. For the baby with the blistered tail you want to get silver sulfadiazine cream like in this link below. SOme states you can only get it by prescription. But this is what you need.

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/p-710-...MIwrW7_K766gIVAdvACh0UlQvxEAQYAyABEgJJrfD_BwE

You would take a qtip and gently and generously apply it to the blistered tail 2 times a day. It will heal the burn and stop any infection.

Thank you so much I will go ahead and order that cream I feel so bad for them I had no idea that would happen and I'm always misting them I only noticed the blistered after taking them out of the sun and inspecting them I hope he makes a full recovery

Back
Top Bottom