Success!

Thanks! Now the real growth starts. It might be my imagination, but once dubias get into the diet, I notice a real difference in growth.

When mine was a baby he would eat dubia nymphs all day. When he hit 8 months or so, he stopped eating them. I am not sure this is due to me introducing him to superworms, or if he just stopped liking them. If I was you I would avoid giving them 'treat' feeders to keep them on the healthy and easy to maintain dubia's.

Yeah, I’m not all that worried about when they’re adults. once they’re full grown, they’ll eat what give them or go hungry. I have a male veiled who just recently started refusing roaches. He’ll eat crickets, supers and horns, but no roaches. So, I just only offered roaches for a week, and he finally gave in.

Yeah, I’m not all that worried about when they’re adults. once they’re full grown, they’ll eat what give them or go hungry. I have a male veiled who just recently started refusing roaches. He’ll eat crickets, supers and horns, but no roaches. So, I just only offered roaches for a week, and he finally gave in.
That's where I am at now, he will take literally anything but dubia roaches. I've tried only offering roaches for 1-2 weeks but he still refused. I then tried putting like 10 dubias in a cup with 1 or 2 supers, hoping he would accidentally eat a dubia but he still avoided the roaches. I'm sure if I hold out for weeks he would eventually take one. But not sure if this would result in him going back to eating them regularly, or if I would continually need to starve him to get him to eat the roaches.

When mine was a baby he would eat dubia nymphs all day. When he hit 8 months or so, he stopped eating them. I am not sure this is due to me introducing him to superworms, or if he just stopped liking them. If I was you I would avoid giving them 'treat' feeders to keep them on the healthy and easy to maintain dubia's.

Charlie and Walt are my anti-dubbies chams. Walt has tongue issue so i sneak a few small ones in with foods he likes, and sorta trick him into eating a few.

Charlie has decided he’s sick of bsfl and small/med dubia, but if we let a large male climb up his screen he goes for them. I guess he doesn’t realize its a dubia since it looks different. “Oh no, I don’t eat roaches. OH LOOK! A crawly crunchy thing with wings! I love those!”

My 4 mo old took to dubia right away. Silkworms are touch and go but they love dubbies.

I adopted a 2 year old beardy that was raised off of crickets the first year and supers the second year.

Surprisingly she only took about 30-60 seconds of inspection to figure out what this new strange gray thing was.

But everyone who can get a non adult cham to eat a dubia gets a gold star in my book. You get sweaty palms with a well started bin, and a cham that just looks at you for six months wondering why you keep putting these "things" in its feeder cup.

Back
Top Bottom