Success! Thanks to the experts!

maya2

A month ago my little guy Anarchy was super afraid of me and I would hide behind a plant to watch him eat, drink, and explore without him knowing I was there.

After about a week, I got him to eat a cricket from a pair of chop sticks. It was amazing. Fast forward through short insect tongs, followed by tweezers, my hands, luring him out with mealworms and leaving his cage open for a few hours a day, today I finally handled him.

No hissing, no puffing up or gaping. A little panic colors showing for about ten minutes and then we hung out for about half an hour after he calmed down.

All thanks to Psychobunny's The Taming of the Chameleon:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/psychobunny/746-taming-chameleon.html
and of course everyone else who lends their time and opinons to newbies like me!
Thanks guys!

anarchysdayout.jpg

That's a really great blog. I'm glad to hear that your little guy is coming around. I think it's very sad when they have to be scared and stressed their entire life.

That's a really great blog. I'm glad to hear that your little guy is coming around. I think it's very sad when they have to be scared and stressed their entire life.

Yeah, he did a fantastic job. I also really enjoy your blogs. "Info for new keepers" helped me out a lot, and so did your blog about egg laying (for the first months I thought he was a lady :eek:)

I agree, and I'm so happy there's this site with such amazing information and tips. Everyone here blows my mind. After reading so much, I almost feel it'd be irresponsible not to get on the forums. :)

Congrats! I'm still breaking my new guy in but he's hand feeding now so soon I hope to handle him without his fear!

Back
Top Bottom