p1u5h13r4m24

Established Member
Finally made some progress on the cricket breeding trying to save money

Attachments

• baby crickets.jpg
    baby crickets.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 118
I hate crickets with a passion, but I have to say it:

Awwwwww! (The pinheads are cute, adults are just annoying!)

I have been raising them too, but I cant seem to get my timing right!!
If I knew how to manage them, I would never have to buy them again
(except to refresh the breeding stock).

I always run out of feeder cricks before the next batch is big enough!! :eek:

It just takes them too long to grow up!!

I buy 2000 crickets at a time and I put 1500 in a feeder bin and 500 in another bin an I have a dirt container in each bin. I switch them out every week, since it takes about 5 weeks for the crickets to hatch I have 7 incubating bins for the crickets so every week I should have new crickets hatching. After a week from the day they started to hatch I dump the pin head crickets into a larger bin and than reuse the dirt. The cycle has seemed to be working pretty good :)

I buy 2000 crickets at a time and I put 1500 in a feeder bin and 500 in another bin an I have a dirt container in each bin. I switch them out every week, since it takes about 5 weeks for the crickets to hatch I have 7 incubating bins for the crickets so every week I should have new crickets hatching. After a week from the day they started to hatch I dump the pin head crickets into a larger bin and than reuse the dirt. The cycle has seemed to be working pretty good :)

Sounds like you have a good plan.
How many storage bins do you need to rotate?

Sounds like you have a good plan.
How many storage bins do you need to rotate?

What kind of dirt are u using ? I saw on another thread they would hatch in 7-10 days but I know that is subject to the temp they are kept at. What temp are yours at ? I have several cricket egg bins,I see the females laying eggs but after 2 weeks still not hatchling.:confused:

at work,crazy keep hitting wrong quote:rolleyes:

I use tropical soil and sand from my panthers egg laying bin haha crickets take a while mine took almost 5 weeks

Back
Top Bottom