Substrate tray + drainage tray...possible?

So my question is would it be ok to get a substrate tray but also use a drainage tray? During the winter it’s harder for me to keep humidity up so I was thinking of trying this out.

Ideas?

A substrate tray has a solid bottom, so nothing would drain into the drainage tray. You could put holes into the drainage tray, but if they fit it seems redundant. Are you going bioactive? That is one way to get the humidity up. Another is to add more live plants &/or cover the sides (3 out of 4) with plastic - either sheeting or panels. You can also run a humidifier in the room.

What kind of set-up do you have & #'s are you getting? Temps (and how measured), lights, humidity (and how measured).

For my screen cage i put a cut up trash bag on 2 of the sides with live pothos, a fogger, and heavy misting. As long as it doesn’t drop below 60 i think he or she will be fine :)

I can second the trash bag to cover 2 of the 4 sides of the enclosure in winter. It kept the humidity at level with the assistance of the live plants and regular automated Mist-King misting sessions.

Back
Top Bottom