Stuey sick?

Stuey!

:( help plz i think stuey might be sick, i got him about a month ago and when a bought him he was like 3 weeks old. when he got home he was fine, doesnt seem like hes growing, i use calcium suplements, idk what its called i just put crickets in a bag, they r week old, and put in the powder and shake them up and put them in stuey's cage. he seems to be eating havnt seen him eat them but they vanish so yea. when he poops the top is white i heard from some thread i just read that if its yellow hes dehidrated. i mist the cage with a spray botle, evrey morning, i have a 75 wat bulb and 75 night bulb. but i dont get it he doesnt seem to move around alot, i made a bunch of places for him to get close to the bulb, im sparying the cage twice a day now, but he doesnt seem to be very active, hes a veiled cham ubt im just worried about him, hes like 2 months old now is this normal?

info

Good Luck: I too had a sick chameleon and the people on this site and the vet were very helpful. But, first you need to give the people on this site all of the following information:

Cage Info:
Cage Type - What kind of cage are you using? What is the size?
Lighting - What kind of lighting are you using? How long do you keep the lights on during the day?
Temperature - What temperature range have you created? Basking spot temp? What is the temperature at night?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What kind of schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What are you dusting your feeders with and what kind of schedule do you use?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures can really help as well.

rofl if u dont understand any of that sry, im just worried about him, is it normal for him to be kinda inactive? doesnt change colors alot, seems to be afriad of me but idk y. always stays a sort of green with these litle brown lines at the lower sides, ill try to show pics soon.:confused:

yea...i said most o fthat stuff, idk temp, im trying to get pics in, im really worried, and my teachers.i feed him week old crickets and i dust them with a calcium powder, i spray his cage with tap water from a spray botle every morning and when i get home from school. try to remeber i mjust 12...dont luagh plz. i hate it when people laugh. im not stupid. i feed the crickets potatos, letuce. i guess hes eating fine. he changes colors when i put him on like my bed ro somthing. turns bluish with an awsome disign ill send a pic. the location is on top of my the drawrs next t my bed. its like a 20 gallon aquarium im pretty sure. screen top and glass sides, plastic plants, grounds texture i put some rocks in and mixed it with some lizard litter. o wait just checked all of it is white some r all black but the tip is yellow, help me i need a better way to water him

Last edited:
I would honestly try to sway you from using a couple of things: the night light, ground covering, and the basking bulb at that age. If you do not have one I would suggest getting a bulb that produces uvB. These are sold with the labeling of 2.0, 5.0,...etc. Those numbers stand for 2%, 5%...etc. With a veiled a light that has a 5% rating or higher is adequate. This helps them to digest food properly and get all the nutrients out of the food that they need. If you do not have one your chameleon will get sick in a very bad way. When you mist use the hottest water that the tap will allow. As you spray the water travels threw the air and cools off. Make sure the bottom is dry. If it is maybe spray right before you chameleons lights go out.

ok thanks, ill go check if the box or bulb says that, i do have one but its pretty weak... sry im so paranoid i just dont want him to get sick or die the first month i got him chams r sweet

Back
Top Bottom