stuck shed?

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello Everyone and happy friday!
I made an appointment with a vet to get a fecal and i had hoped i would be able to get in sooner
because my chameleons shed seems to be stuck on his eyes but my reptile vet doesnt have any openings until April 12th.
I have mentioned in a previous thred that im new to all of this and that i was having some enviromental issues, which i am currently
tweeking, such as ventilation and maybe being a bit to humid during the day? would this be a reason why my chameleon has had shed on his one eye for over a week now?
Just wondering how concerned i should be and if anyone has any ideas one things i can try and help that come off?

Howdy!

One thing you do *not* want to do is wet that shed to get it off. The wetter it gets, the more it's going to stick.

Do you have any images? Pictures of the stuck shed would be very helpful. Often they can get it off on their own. If it's inhibiting his ability to see, that might be a different story.

hiya!
I have a kinda crappy photo from the other day, but this is basically what it still looks like as of now.

Attachments

• IMG-8117.jpg
    IMG-8117.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 65
Hello Everyone and happy friday!
I made an appointment with a vet to get a fecal and i had hoped i would be able to get in sooner
because my chameleons shed seems to be stuck on his eyes but my reptile vet doesnt have any openings until April 12th.
I have mentioned in a previous thred that im new to all of this and that i was having some enviromental issues, which i am currently
tweeking, such as ventilation and maybe being a bit to humid during the day? would this be a reason why my chameleon has had shed on his one eye for over a week now?
Just wondering how concerned i should be and if anyone has any ideas one things i can try and help that come off?
If humidity is running too high this can cause the shed to stick rather than peal off. Or if they end up getting under their mister when they are shedding the same thing can happen. With you having all real branches and plants this is going to help because he has natural surfaces to rub the eyes on.

Ok, well see how it goes! Thank you! It's so much different preparing and researching VS seeing it in real life. I am hopefully I'm getting everything just perfect thanks to everyone here

Back
Top Bottom